NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting Started / Any Configuration that Works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing with NEWA off and on for a couple days, and I can't find any configuration that works. I have a working NextPVR system on my home server, which I can access remotely through Kodi DVR just fine. I can reach the NEWA home screen / guide from anywhere, but whenever I try to watch anything, depending on the system, I get either a blank window or a window that claims to be missing a vlc plugin.

I have an Ubuntu system and a Windows 10 system, both have VLC installed, tried any and all browsers, made the (x86) path change where applicable, done everything I can think of... researching the vlc plugin it is requesting, it doesn't seem like it exists. There are some references to having it stream directly through VLC, but I can't find any way to enable such behavior. I've googled all I can google, to no avail. But people here seem to be using NEWA somehow... can somebody give me a clue here, what are y'all doing that works?
Getting VLC steaming going in classic newa is tricky. Did you try from the default modern interface?

Martin
I'm using the default interface... valid question, however, of how modern it is. Not sure when was the last time I updated NextPVR server. I'll do that.

Thanks!
Fritz
TheFritz Wrote:I'm using the default interface... valid question, however, of how modern it is. Not sure when was the last time I updated NextPVR server. I'll do that.

If you are running an old version you are probably running what is now referred to as the "Classic" interface.

Martin
I am just starting too. In the usual NextPVR addin there is a way easily to set the server ip address to something other than 127.0.0.1. How do I do this in X-newa?
gelaroch Wrote:I am just starting too. In the usual NextPVR addin there is a way easily to set the server ip address to something other than 127.0.0.1. How do I do this in X-newa?

Wrong thread this sub-forum is for the web server not X-NEWA. In any case it can be configured the same as any addon with the context menu key or the configure button under My Add-Ons

Martin
Yep, updating my NextPVR installation resolved my questions. Update your software, kids.

(slaps forehead)

Thanks,
Fritz