NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After recovering from problems that seemed to be due a SiliconDust update, I'm mostly back in business. The only issue is that I don't have any sound. I've tried the LAV and ffdshow decoders.

I've used suuport a little heavily in the last week; I've made a donation. :-)
Is this all channels, or a subset of channels?

If you play a recording, does it have audio?
All channels, and no sound in recordings.
Can you supply a short sample recording? Put it somewhere like dropbox, or onedrive, and let me know the download link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgi5ksnfiri9n5...00.ts?dl=0

I get sound when I play it in my browser.
I am getting audio here in NextPVR with that file, with the LAV decoder, so it doesn't seem to be anything specific about the file that NextPVR doesn't like.

I wonder if maybe your speakers/tv isn't the default audio-out device on your machine? ie, it's producing sound, but not going anywhere.
I tried all of the audio renderers available. A couple put sound out of my monitor's speakers, but none out of my PC's speakers. When I go into the sound section of the control panel it says that my speakers (RealTek Audio Device) are the default device.
To be honest, I'm not really sure. Do you get audio if you play a mp4 file or something in NextPVR?
No, no sound from MP4. I was hoping this was just a simple decoder issue.
That's interesting. So when you play a .mp4, it's just letting Windows choose the decoders etc to use, rather than any decoders that NextPVR is selecting.

It's really sounding like this is something to do with your Windows default audio output device or something like that, rather than any setting you'll find in NextPVR.