NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Scheduled recordings fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All time scheduled recordings have failed since I installed the program. I get the message "No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal." There is a .ts (size 0) file and a folder with the correct name but no playable video. I can see live TV and even record it when watching. The EPG has the correct info. I am in the UK. Can anyone help please?
Can you zip and attach the logs showing a failed recording?

What capture device are you using?
Thanks for the reply I am using a blackgold card to record DVBT on Windows 7. Where do I find log files?
In the Settings->About screen there is a "zip my log files for me, and show me where the zip file is" button.
Ok cheers here are the logs.
tights Wrote:All time scheduled recordings have failed since I installed the program. I get the message "No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal."

tights Wrote:Ok cheers here are the logs.

I can't see that NextPVR attempts a recording in these logs. It may be that NextPVR has deleted the older logs that show recording attempts. Please record a show and then re-zip and re-post new logs. Thank you.

I see attempts to view Live TV in the logs. Did you get a picture and audio in Live TV?
I was able to see live TV a few days ago but now that is gone and I just get a black screen, I can't think of anything I have done to change my PC set up. I thought I had just knocked the aerial out when fiddling with my PC so I tried using Mediaportal and I can see live TV with that (not keen on that though, rather useNPVR). Attached are the new logs after attempting a new recording today. The system tray icon changed to red during the scheduled time but again no valid video file and no live TV.
tights Wrote:I was able to see live TV a few days ago but now that is gone and I just get a black screen, I can't think of anything I have done to change my PC set up. I thought I had just knocked the aerial out when fiddling with my PC ...

It is the ndigitalhost process that is part of NextPVR and that connects to the tuner and receives the broadcast stream from the tuner. The ndigitalhost-22.log contains ...

Quote:2017-11-20 14:59:00.437 [DEBUG][185] locked=0, present=0, strength=0, quality=0 (took 0ms to check)

The zero values indicate that the tuner is not receiving a signal from the aerial. My best guess is that your aerial coax is playing up.
Just tried to scan for channels, totally blank. It appears like there is no aerial plugged in, yet Mediaportal receives a signal? I will try an uninstall/install. Thanks to everbody for help.
If you scan 'United Kingdom - All Regions' does it find anything?
Pages: 1 2