NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Still having to use legacy TS reader in 4.0.4 (171121)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the new version, and previous version, I cannot view any HD channels, it just goes to a black screen when trying to use the new TS reader (logs attached, I tried to tune to BBC News HD at about 11.30pm).
So back to legacy TS reader for me...
Are you able to play a recording (from one of these HD channels) using the new TS reader? Do you get either audio/video both/neither?
Hi Sub. No cannot play a HD recording with the new TS reader. No video or sound. I just remembered that I am using Microsoft DTV decoder and maybe that only works with their own reader so I will try another decoder later...
Pob Wrote:No cannot play a HD recording with the new TS reader. No video or sound. I just remembered that I am using Microsoft DTV decoder and maybe that only works with their own reader so I will try another decoder later...

Does Live TV work on HD channels? Are the recordings creating zero byte files? The Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder works with the the new TS reader for me.
Graham Wrote:Does Live TV work on HD channels? Are the recordings creating zero byte files? The Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder works with the the new TS reader for me.

No live TV does not work on HD channels with the new TS reader. I will try doing a recording later to see if that works. This is not a big issue because I just leave it set to use the legacy reader, which works fine.
Pob Wrote:Hi Sub. No cannot play a HD recording with the new TS reader. No video or sound. I just remembered that I am using Microsoft DTV decoder and maybe that only works with their own reader so I will try another decoder later...
Can you put a short sample recording on somewhere like dropbox or onedrive, and let me know the download link?
Hi Sub
For what it's worth I placed a small recording from Channel Five HD here; https://drive.google.com/file/d/12EICiOU...sp=sharing

I can play old recordings , and new recordings work fine on all the HD channels

From the EPG I can tune to watch live TV on most of the HD channels though it takes a long time to tune, 16 seconds. I think I just was not waiting long enough.
But I cannot tune to watch live TV on just two HD channels - Channel Five HD & Channel Four HD
However if I tune first to watch live TV on a HD channel that does work, and then change channel to Channel Five HD or Channel Four HD, it works fine! I also notice that switching between channels works much faster, pretty much instant with the new TS reader.

So please don't waste any more time on this, I will dig some more into why live TV on Channel Five HD and Channel Four HD will not work for me with the new TS reader, but do work if I tune to another channel first.
It has been so long, years, since I had any issue with NextPVR (or GBPVR!) that I have forgotten how to do anything Smile
So that specific recording wont play for you in NextPVR? I was hoping it might be something strange about the file, which NextPVR wasn't handling correctly, and I'd see the same thing, but unfortunately the file seems to play fine here.

If you're up for it, I'd be happy to remote into your machine and take a look why it's not playing there.
sub Wrote:So that specific recording wont play for you in NextPVR? I was hoping it might be something strange about the file, which NextPVR wasn't handling correctly, and I'd see the same thing, but unfortunately the file seems to play fine here.

If you're up for it, I'd be happy to remote into your machine and take a look why it's not playing there.

No it is playing here thank you sub - all recordings are OK. I recorded Channel Five HD because that is one of the channels that I cannot watch live unless I first tune to a channel that does work, and then change channel to Channel Five - it then works. But recordings from the station in question do work fine...