NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Lost audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was having some trouble with the video breaking up occasionally in the bottom 1/4 of the screen. I use closed captioning all the time and thought that was causing a problem. Was troubleshooting both the video and audio trying different codecs and suddenly I ended up with no audio. The recorded show plays fine with no video breakup or audio problems with a couple different 3rd party media players. The Video in NPVR is still working but now has no audio and still has the occasional video corruption on the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

I've been playing with the audio decoders and just can't get the audio working again.

I'm using video recorded with a HDHomerun Prime tuner. It's on a Comcast digital account.

Could this problem be caused by just one incorrect decoder?

Also can I change various audio codecs while playing the video in NPVR? Or do I have to leave NPVR and shut down the recording engine in order to change one or more of the audio codecs?

At least i can still play back the recorded shows with VLC Media Player and the video and audio there is perfect along with the closed captioning.

This "no audio" problem is something I probably caused myself. The audio has always been fine. I guess it wasn't broken so I "fixed it". :confused:
For the corruption at the bottom of the screen, try this patch:
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post518933

If you're still not getting audio with it, post the logs and I'll check what the cause might be.
The video corruption is gone. The patch fixed that - Thanks. Still no audio though. Which logs do you need? Would it be better if I shut down NPVR, deleted the logs and then restarted NPVR and then did a sample record session and then send you those new logs? The HTPC has been running 24/7 for a couple months now. Some of the logs are quite large.
Rich A Wrote:The video corruption is gone. The patch fixed that - Thanks. Still no audio though. Which logs do you need? Would it be better if I shut down NPVR, deleted the logs and then restarted NPVR and then did a sample record session and then send you those new logs? The HTPC has been running 24/7 for a couple months now. Some of the logs are quite large.

NextPVR starts a new log file when a) a process starts or b) the current log file gets a bit big. For example, you get a new npvr.log every time that you start the NextPVR frontend and a new nrecord log every time that you restart the recording service. The log files are renamed as each new log is created so the the current log ends .log, the immediately previous log ends .1 ... Four logs, including the current log are kept for each process.

To make it easier for us to see what the log shows 1) Reboot to cause everything to start a new log 2) Make a recording 3) Play the recording 4) Zip and attach all of the logs in a post that tells us the time that the recording was made and the time that the recording was played.

That said, what happens when you go to NextPVR Settings --> Decoders and set Video Renderer to EVR and Audio Renderer to Default?
Thanks Sub and Graham. I closed NextPvr and the recording service. Deleted the logs and restarted the computer. I did a short recording of several minutes and when that finished I zipped the log files and attached them here. Hope they are what you need.
Its missing the npvr.log
Here are the decoder settings.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
sub Wrote:Its missing the npvr.log

Sorry 'bout that. Here's a new zip WITH the npvr.log included.
Does it make any difference if you set your AC3 decoder to LAV Audio Decoder?
sub Wrote:Does it make any difference if you set your AC3 decoder to LAV Audio Decoder?

Gasp !!! Yes it does. LAV works! Hooray ... I was playing around with various combinations of decoders and I don't know how I managed to miss that one. Thanks ..

A quick additional question. This HTPC is going to eventually be a "headless" system which I will access remotely. As such I really want to streamline it for extended use with NextPvr being the only main app being used 24/7 365. Which of those decoders can I disable and leave only the ones needed to work with NextPvr and the HDHomeRun Prime recorded videos?

Thanks again !! Great support here. Oh - Sub - Have you ever seen the movie "The World's Fastest Indian"? A great movie! True story.

The World's Fastest Indian (2005) The story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years rebuilding a 1920 Indian motorcycle, which helped him set the land speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.

I guess a lot of good things come out of New Zealand Wink
Pages: 1 2