NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 4.04.171121 New reader unusable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had the same problem on the last 4.04 release. I've tried again and with the new reader I can't play recordings properly at all. I basically get audio and video breakups constantly. I've tried using mainconcept codec, Microsoft DTV and LAV and its the same with all. If I use the Videos "plugin" then playback is smooth as silk (Still across the network)

With the last release I found that using the legacy reader and videos interface was a reasonable work around to watching recordings, bit of a pain as you can't delete from Videos and locating the right episode can sometimes be a pain but it was working until issues were resolved. Yesterday I grabbed the 171121 build and at least I could playback videos with the legacy reader (last release even the legacy reader played poorly). BUT - I have terrible audio sync issues that every 30 seconds or so the audio will start to drift out of sync.

I've stuffed around and with the updated npvrtsreader from other recent forum posts (Dated 24/11) I am back to being able to playback from the videos menu option ok. I've attached logs where I wiped them, opened NPVR and played one recording which was unwatchable and quit.

I am recording on a pc in the garage in a cabinet and playing back from a NUC in the lounge over gigabit ethernet and my throughput over lan on a copy is over 100MB per second.

I recorded what my playback looks like on my phone if that'll help let me know and I'll share it from onedrive.

On a side note I can only get audio on Freeview HD terrestrial recordings now using LAV where previously I could with Microsoft DTV audio decoded. I can still select the MS one for HE-AAC but I get no audio at all. I was running Windows 7 media center which is how I have the decoders - I did an inplace upgrade to 10 a month or two ago so perhaps they are broken due to that although I'd swear they broke with 4.04.

If required I can arrange remote access with teamviewer or similar if it helps.
Can you share that video of what you're seeing?
mobiusnz Wrote:I am recording on a pc in the garage in a cabinet and playing back from a NUC in the lounge over gigabit ethernet and my throughput over lan on a copy is over 100MB per second.
If you try to watch it directly on the server PC, is it the same?

ie, trying to determine if this is strictly related to the client/server aspect of your setup.
or if you copy a problem .ts file to the NUC, and play by right clicking and selecting 'Open File' does it play fine?
Just popped out and tried it and it played flawlessly (At least with no audio as I have no speakers out there and access to the headphone jack it tricky). Also it plays flawlessly when playing via the videos interface which is what I find strange. I also just banged the latest release on a laptop and it plays better there too - A tiny bit glitchy but that could be the 100Mbit ethernet connection due to a bad ethernet outlet I need to get round to fixing.

Do you think it might be related to the inplace 7 -> 10 upgrade? Anything else come to mind for you?
mobiusnz Wrote:Do you think it might be related to the inplace 7 -> 10 upgrade?
I wouldn't think so.

Quote:Anything else come to mind for you?
Not really. I don't regularly test client/server here, but I'm just updating the build on my test server, so I can check my development machine as a client against it.
Spoke to soon on the laptop front. Took it to another room and tried on ethernet again this time gigabit - Its still not good - Not as bad as the NUC but glitches every few seconds (3 or 4 seconds roughtly appart) in a very similar way to what you saw but less frequent. The Nuc is an i5 nuc, the laptop is a second gen i7 Quad Core so theres no real shortage of power for what they are doing.

So is there something to do with send buffers or something on the pc in the garage perhaps?
There is some extra logging etc we can turn on to collect more info, but let me check here in my environment first, in case there is any obvious flaw.
Yeah - Even when I right click and select play and browse to the recordings share across the network it plays well - I assume the new TS reader is in play there too?
Pages: 1 2 3