NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio sync issue in 4.0.4 can differ between Recordings and Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been fiddling with the latest 4.0.4 release (including the latest release with the latest ts reader patch), and I was having an audio sync issue where skipping ahead would get out of sync (see below for details). However, after some fiddling, I decided to make sure I had the very latest LAV decoders installed (0.70.2), selected LAV for everything (rather than my usual CyberLink video decoders), and now it's behaving itself (if there is a slight sync issue after a skip, it quickly corrects itself). So, for me, I'm giving this new LAV setup a try and hope that things will behave themselves.

Now, let's jump back in time just a bit to when I was trying to get 4.0.4 working with a CyberLink video decoder (MPEG2) along with an older LAV (0.68.1) AC3 Audio decoder: The issue was really simple. On some recordings all I had to do was to skip ahead a bit and the audio would be just slightly off from the video. I could fix the issue with a (10-sec) skip backwards, or by using the Legacy TS checkbox (which made forward skips work fine). However, here's the weird part: I noticed that if I copied the misbehaving ts file from the recording directory into a directory for NPVR to play via the "Videos" menu, the show would play just fine -- skipping ahead had no issues (I also verified that going back to the Recordings version continued to have issues after the Videos version worked OK). Does the Video area have different playback decoders from the Recordings area?
WayneD Wrote:However, here's the weird part: I noticed that if I copied the misbehaving ts file from the recording directory into a directory for NPVR to play via the "Videos" menu, the show would play just fine -- skipping ahead had no issues (I also verified that going back to the Recordings version continued to have issues after the Videos version worked OK). Does the Video area have different playback decoders from the Recordings area?
Was this on a client/server setup? In this scenario there is a difference. If you're just using a single machine setup, there is no difference - they both just pass the filename into the player (and it has no idea if it was from Recordings or Videos).
It's a single machine setup. It's very strange that it works differently then.