NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Manually deleted recordings via Explorer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a rush to free up space tonight I deleted an entire series we hadn't gotten round to watching and doing it via NPVR is a bit tedious when you have 20 recordings to delete so I did it through explorer. Will NPVR eventually pick up the missing files and clean up the recordings list or am I going to have to still delete them manually?

No a biggie but I've been down this road before when we realise the 1TB is filling up and have to go through and do a purge.
If this line in the config.xml file is set to true the recording list will be updated
<AutoRemovsingRecordings>false</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
JEF Wrote:If this line in the config.xml file is set to true the recording list will be updated
<AutoRemovsingRecordings>false</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
slight typo in there
<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>true</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
martint123 Wrote:slight typo in there
<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>true</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>

Thanks for that , something must have happened when I done a copy & paste. I have just corrected my config file
mobiusnz Wrote:In a rush to free up space tonight I deleted an entire series we hadn't gotten round to watching and doing it via NPVR is a bit tedious when you have 20 recordings to delete so I did it through explorer. Will NPVR eventually pick up the missing files and clean up the recordings list or am I going to have to still delete them manually?

No a biggie but I've been down this road before when we realise the 1TB is filling up and have to go through and do a purge.
The default behaviour of NextPVR is to delete from the database any recordings that no longer have it's file on disk. Make sure your <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> is still set to true.
Thanks guys. Little slow coming back to this thread sorry as I noticed later the database had cleaned itself up.