NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV - black screen, no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am just starting down the road with NPVR and Kodi as a front-end. However, I find the Kodi interface a bit fussy and I like the cleaner, simpler NPVR screens so am thinking of just using NPVR. BUT, whilst I can get live TV via Kodi, when I try in NPVR, most of the time I get a black screen and no sound, not always, sometimes it works. I have tried LAV and ffshow decoders but still have the issue.
Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks,
Stanno
Can you reproduce this, then zip and attach the logs?
sub Wrote:Can you reproduce this, then zip and attach the logs?
My apologies, I'm new to this - what are the names of the log files you need?
Stanno
Stanno, right click anywhere on the NextPVR screen. Select "Settings" from the window that pops up. Near the bottom of the main settings screen there is a wide button labeled: "Zip my log files for me, and show me where the zip file is." Click it and the program will take care of the rest for you. Just attach that zip file to your post. Smile
HarryH3 Wrote:Stanno, right click anywhere on the NextPVR screen. Select "Settings" from the window that pops up. Near the bottom of the main settings screen there is a wide button labeled: "Zip my log files for me, and show me where the zip file is." Click it and the program will take care of the rest for you. Just attach that zip file to your post. Smile
Thanks Harry, zip file attached.
Stanno
If you make a recording, does a recording play with audio/video? This is a simpler scenario, and will help determine where the problem lies.
sub Wrote:If you make a recording, does a recording play with audio/video? This is a simpler scenario, and will help determine where the problem lies.
I just recorded a few seconds of a current show and when I tried to play it back I got the black screen and no sound. I tried again and it worked immediately without a problem. Fresh set of log files attached.
Stanno
Stanno Wrote:I just recorded a few seconds of a current show and when I tried to play it back I got the black screen and no sound. I tried again and it worked immediately without a problem. Fresh set of log files attached.
Stanno
Is the file itself fine? ie, can you play it with another player like VLC?
Also, all your logs so far have shown it playing with Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder. The Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder can be tricky, since it's often disabled for MPEG2 unless you've bought the Microsoft DVD Player application. Can you try with LAV Video Decoder and LAV Audio Decoder.
I just made another recording and it played first time in NPVR. It also played straightaway in WMP. As per my first post, I have already installed LAV and ffshow decoders and still was unable to get live TV so I uninstalled them.
Stanno
Pages: 1 2