NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pch wol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to try and let my server rest occasionally so I have set up USB drives to boot my PCHs, which work great, but I want to implement WOL to nudge the server. The old posts on how to set this up suggest ether-wake but the link to Martins zip no longer works - any chance I can get a copy from somewhere, assuming that's still the best option.
Cheers for all and any instructions/help.
macgyver Wrote:I want to try and let my server rest occasionally so I have set up USB drives to boot my PCHs, which work great, but I want to implement WOL to nudge the server. The old posts on how to set this up suggest ether-wake but the link to Martins zip no longer works - any chance I can get a copy from somewhere, assuming that's still the best option.
Cheers for all and any instructions/help.

I found this which looks right. You know things are obsolete when several old hosts are long going, inlcuding the GB-PVR wiki.

Martin
Cheers Martin. Still love our PCH based system which does exactly what we want with minimal intervention. I even fired up an old MVP I have set up on an even older portable 4:3 CRT TV in the garage recently. Haven't used it in years but it still works so if it ain't broke...
macgyver Wrote:Still love our PCH based system which does exactly what we want with minimal intervention.
You are not alone... We have three A110s in daily use (plus another 4 pre-owned A110s up in the loft - setup, tested and ready to go as spares, along with 4 MVPs Smile - don't have any CRT TV's though Sad)

Alex
mvallevand Wrote:You know things are obsolete when several old hosts are long going, inlcuding the GB-PVR wiki.

But there isn't really anything to replace the NMT's currently (I don't want to in any way go down the Kodi path).... I did hope that something would develop from the Nlite branch but alas nothing yet.

And yes we have two m34a's & one MVP in everyday use & three PCH's tucked away as spares.
Jaggy Wrote:I did hope that something would develop from the Nlite branch but alas nothing yet.
You should be able to use pretty much any small Linux box with nlite. It's just not popular because most people these days seem fixated on Kodi.
sub Wrote:You should be able to use pretty much any small Linux box with nlite. It's just not popular because most people these days seem fixated on Kodi.

Where is a download of this Linux build of nlite? Thanks.
Graham Wrote:Where is a download of this Linux build of nlite? Thanks.
Attached is the source code.

User your package manager to make sure you've installed these pre-requisites:
cmake
libsdl2-dev
libsdl2-image-dev
libsdl2-ttf-dev
libcurl4-gnutls-dev
libvlc-dev

To build this software, extract it to a directory, and then run these commands to builds it:
cd build
cmake ..
make
ACTCMS Wrote:You are not alone... We have three A110s in daily use (plus another 4 pre-owned A110s up in the loft - setup, tested and ready to go as spares, along with 4 MVPs Smile - don't have any CRT TV's though Sad)

Alex

Mine PCH A110 is still going strong; the original A100 went TU though. I have a RPi2 with Martins XNEWA on it as a spare.
sub Wrote:You should be able to use pretty much any small Linux box with nlite. It's just not popular because most people these days seem fixated on Kodi.

I wonder if anyone has got it running on an enigma2 box? - my skills are so low that I've been unable to get gcc or the like running