NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR and WINTV Hauppage IR Contol Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody idont know if im at the right section but i dont know what else to do please help.
I want to use Npvr to control my haupauge HD PVR 2 With wintv there blast config app does not detect my COMCAST BOX.
So i went ahead and bought a USB-UIRT and integrated it with HIP and it worked It detected my control and chose NPVR as an auto app to start Hip. I Just cant get it to blast. I looked and used hipsend and nothing i used usbuirt.exemade by someone in the Npvr community and nothing now it detects my remote but it does not blast now when the remote is learned i press test send in hip it changes the channel or powers up my box but when i go to NPVR I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IT WORK.
Now I know that there was some refernce on The old GPVR FORUMS or Obselete any help would be appreciated thanks.
Please stop spamming us. One post is fine.

Marti
Yeah, one post is enough. I've deleted all your others - just leaving this one in the support forum.
It sounds like you're talking about to two different things, but it's not clear from your description what isn't working.

1) using the remote as an input device, to navigate around screens etc. To get this working with a Hauppauge remote, most people will use the Hauppauge IR software, and just add an entry to irremote.ini for NextPVR. Details here: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ttonRemote

2) using the IR Blaster, to allow NextPVR to change the set top box channel when it needs to. You could use HIP & HIPSend, or alternative blaster utilities like USBUIRTSend.exe. I'm not familiar with HIP, but I did create the USBUIRTSend.exe utility, so I'll ask about that. Is it able to learn your remote successfully?