NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How can I stream Digital Radio to kodi with NPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I'm trying to stream digital radio to kodi using npvr.
by far I can only stream digital tv. the digital radio is the same frequency as the digital tv (514000)
every time I try to access the stream, I get the following message:
Streaming Failed (transcoder exited) - on the npvr localhost
Kodi is crashing everytime
how can I fix this?

I have the following decoders:
LAV Audio decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, PDR MPEG Muxer, Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder, MPEG Audio decoder

Thank you for your help
im_n00b Wrote:Hi
I'm trying to stream digital radio to kodi using npvr.

Kodi does not use NextPVR decoders. Can you record a show on the radio channel and playback the recording in NextPVR (without using Kodi)?
Graham Wrote:Kodi does not use NextPVR decoders. Can you record a show on the radio channel and playback the recording in NextPVR (without using Kodi)?

I've recorded a show and I can only download the ts file and listen to it after it's on my pc (not on the server) - when it's on the server I get a long "Requesting stream for recording" message (It doesn't change)
im_n00b Wrote:I've recorded a show and I can only download the ts file and listen to it after it's on my pc (not on the server) - when it's on the server I get a long "Requesting stream for recording" message (It doesn't change)

We need to find where the problem is happening ... Does the recording play in NextPVR on the server? What software gives you the "Requesting stream for recording" message?
Graham Wrote:We need to find where the problem is happening ... Does the recording play in NextPVR on the server? What software gives you the "Requesting stream for recording" message?

Does the recording play in NextPVR on the server? - no (only when I download, the server is on different machine)
What software gives you the "Requesting stream for recording" message? - using the web interface (127.0.0.1:8866/modern/player.html?channel_id=7257 - when using the server machine, 10.0.0.32 when using my pc - different machine)
im_n00b Wrote:Does the recording play in NextPVR on the server? - no (only when I download, the server is on different machine)
What software gives you the "Requesting stream for recording" message? - using the web interface (127.0.0.1:8866/modern/player.html?channel_id=7257 - when using the server machine, 10.0.0.32 when using my pc - different machine)

Please attempt to play the recording in NextPVR on the server machine. Also attempt to play the recording using the web interface. Then go to NextPVR Settings --> About and press the button to zip the logs. Attach the zip to a post telling us the time of the two attempts to play the recording so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.
Graham Wrote:Please attempt to play the recording in NextPVR on the server machine. Also attempt to play the recording using the web interface. Then go to NextPVR Settings --> About and press the button to zip the logs. Attach the zip to a post telling us the time of the two attempts to play the recording so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.

Hi
Thank you for your help

Here's some screenshots and the log:

1# It works when I open it as file (on the server)
[Image: YfhTa1V.png]

#2 It doesn't when I try to stream it using the web interface, both on server and my own pc.
On server (Opera, Windows 8.1):
[Image: RtwgBpz.png]

On my own pc (Firefox, Windows 10):
[Image: pY6ZCPO.png]

Date & Time: December 6, 2017 8:51am UTC+2 IL

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r46xk-h...sp=sharing

Again, thank you very much
im_n00b Wrote:Date & Time: December 6, 2017 8:51am UTC+2 IL

I see repeated instances in the web.log of the message ...

Quote:2017-12-06 08:51:02.887 [DEBUG][8] {"stat":"failed","code":6,"msg":"Stream not found"}

Someone else will have to tell why this error is occurring because I do not know.

Please use the NextPVR front-end to attempt a playback from NextPVR Recordings --> Whats New ... not from the web client. And then again post the logs telling us when you attempted the playback. Thanks.
First I am not sure if digital radio streaming to the web browser modern interface is supported, it looks like m3u8 video is being transcoded so that would cause a failure. I would ignore that test until it is confirmed working. @Graham that log message is what NextPVR web reports to the browser on the status of the transcoded video file while it is "growing"

For Kodi we would need to see the Kodi debug logs.

Finally you never did the test in NextPVR as live TV however since the recording played I assume that it can play live too.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:First I am not sure if digital radio streaming to the web browser modern interface is supported, it looks like m3u8 video is being transcoded so that would cause a failure. I would ignore that test until it is confirmed working. @Graham that log message is what NextPVR web reports to the browser on the status of the transcoded video file while it is "growing"

For Kodi we would need to see the Kodi debug logs.

Finally you never did the test in NextPVR as live TV however since the recording played I assume that it can play live too.

Martin

Digital TV works (live tv, even using kodi. screen shot from 10.0.0.32 - web interface):

[Image: PIDuEux.png]

Graham Wrote:I see repeated instances in the web.log of the message ...

Someone else will have to tell why this error is occurring because I do not know.

Please use the NextPVR front-end to attempt a playback from NextPVR Recordings --> Whats New ... not from the web client. And then again post the logs telling us when you attempted the playback. Thanks.

how to do the playback? excuse me but I really don't know how
I see the list (Whats new, ready, pending etc) but I'm not sure what to do and how
Pages: 1 2