NextPVR Forums

Full Version: record again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I recorded a marathon of All in the family, and as it so happens I'll need to record some episodes over. However, since the program was recorded the first time, nextpvr doesn't seem to want to record it again.

Where is the recording cache or a setting that will allow it to start recording episodes it has already recorded?
If you kept the "unwanted" episodes, In Recordings, there is a "Forget" on the top menu line
All of the recordings have been moved to a different machine. Is there another way of forgetting?
You could use "Find All" and do a Quick record on those episodes
You can also run "nextpvr.exe -removehistory" to have it forget everything it has recorded in the past (that has already been deleted).
sub Wrote:You can also run "nextpvr.exe -removehistory" to have it forget everything it has recorded in the past (that has already been deleted).

It looks like there a few options.

Thanks for everyone's help.
sub Wrote:You can also run "nextpvr.exe -removehistory" to have it forget everything it has recorded in the past (that has already been deleted).

After I got my WinTV-quadHD I started using my USB WinTV-HVR-955Q on a separate computer for just this reason. I export my recordings and then import them into NPVR running only with the 995Q. Maybe not an option for everyone but works for me. Then I setup the recurring program.

(NOTE: If you import your backup for recurring programs, NPVR will schedule all shows in your recurring.) !Wishlist! All import recurring shows marked disabled by default.

Ironically, I just used this method to get season 7 of All in the Family that had been missing. Over Thanksgiving there was a marathon. lol. Now I am only missing 2 episodes.