NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video pixelating on both live tv and playback of recorded astc tv 4.0.4 (171121)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since upgrading to this version I have noticed an increase in the number of pixelated programs we have been watching. I hardly ever saw this in the past year but it seems to be a daily occurence on this version. Here is a screen shot from a 1080i cbs channel. Its always about the same .. the bottom of 1/10 to 1/3 of the screen has these coloured blocks on it then it goes away for a while and comes back again.

I am attaching logs too . I zipped the log within seconds of this happening.

Hope it helps you track it down.
eastavin Wrote:.. the bottom of 1/10 to 1/3 of the screen has these coloured blocks on it then it goes away for a while and comes back again.

Sub posted a link to a fix in ... https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post518937 ... The full thread appears to be discussing the problem that you are seeing.
Good to know that its been identified. Have you heard if there is a new build coming? I followed your link and it to took me to a file called NPVRTSRReader4.zip and the member that tested it Lao Pan said that while it improved the corruption problem it caused a new problem crashing on resume. Not sure if its better to load this one or just wait for a new build?
eastavin Wrote:Good to know that its been identified. Have you heard if there is a new build coming? I followed your link and it to took me to a file called NPVRTSRReader4.zip and the member that tested it Lao Pan said that while it improved the corruption problem it caused a new problem crashing on resume. Not sure if its better to load this one or just wait for a new build?

There is always a new build coming but the next may days or weeks away ... I suggest that you copy the NPVRTSRReader4.ax that you have now to create a backup and copy the version from the zip in to replace the old one. If you are unhappy with the result, you can copy the old version back. I am not seeing any problems with resume.
eastavin Wrote:Good to know that its been identified. Have you heard if there is a new build coming? I followed your link and it to took me to a file called NPVRTSRReader4.zip and the member that tested it Lao Pan said that while it improved the corruption problem it caused a new problem crashing on resume. Not sure if its better to load this one or just wait for a new build?
Are you seeing issues resuming with that new build of NPVRTSReader.ax? I've not been able to reproduce it here, and not seen any other reports of the problem.
Well I have not tried it yet. Merely quoting Lao Pan's comment in the link Graham gave me. Now I see there is a comment from Graham in a different thread on this https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post518966 if you have not yet seen it. Will download the new reader and try it this weekend then.
I downloaded it and as it was only one file I gave it a go now seeing I had a few minutes to spare. The pixelation I was seeing playing back recordings with the default version did not happen with the updated version. I also noticed yesterday that it does not happen when you use the legacy reader.

As for issues with resume I quickly tried a few files and they all mostly played and paused/resumed ok. I had only one glitch playing back a PBS recording where the video played for about 4-5 seconds with no audio and then the audio came on. Could not get it to repeat the problem again.

The ultimate test will be when my wife gets home to watch soap operas tonite. Usually bad things wait to happen for her Smile
Graham Wrote:There is always a new build coming but the next may days or weeks away ...

Or it may be only hours away ... https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post519378
Since updating to 4.1, I'm seeing this lower screen corruption (see pic in first post of this thread) pop up again from time to time, just for a second or two at a time. Is it happening for anyone else?
HarryH3 Wrote:Since updating to 4.1, I'm seeing this lower screen corruption (see pic in first post of this thread) pop up again from time to time, just for a second or two at a time. Is it happening for anyone else?
I've not seen any other reports. If you've got a short recording that does it every time - put the file somewhere I can download it from, like Dropbox or OneDrive, and let me know the download link and I'll take a look.
Pages: 1 2