NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomerun Extend Transcoding Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to get the built in transcoding on my Extend to work. If I play a video through the HDHomerun app, I can check the tuner status and see that transcoding is working. Recordings and live TV through NextPVR are not transcoded.

The service type for channels in the nextpvr device settings is H.264HD.

Any suggestions on what to try would be appreciated.
The configuration of this transcoding happens outside of NextPVR. NextPVR will handle whatever the stream is that the HDHomeRun Extend is sending, whether it's MPEG2 or H.264. ie, you'd need to look in the SiliconDust software at the configuration settings.
Quote:The service type for channels in the nextpvr device settings is H.264HD.
For the record, this just controls what type of video decoder is used for this channel. ie, it should be set to match what you'll get from the device. (it's not a setting that tells the device what type of stream settings)

Playback of recordings don't use this setting - instead it looks at the file to determine the appropriate type of decoder.
NextPVR doesn't control or adjust the transcoding it just uses what you set as the default on the HDHR config web page. I you zip and upload all your NextPVR logs and we can see what NextPVR is receiving.

Martin
Logs attached.
satcoms Wrote:Logs attached.

You didn't include all logs so all I see is playback from the web browser which basically is transcoding output. You should upgrade to 4.0.5 and show a live TV test in NextPVR.

Martin
Updated to the latest version and tried again. No change that I can see.
Right no change since this still seems to be a test from the web browser although Kodi is also running and is still an incomplete set of logs with no playback attempt logged in NextPVR

Martin
Your best bet is to always use the 'zip log files and show me where the log file is' button, since it'll capture the full set.
Got it, sorry for the confusion. I also played a few channels directly from NPVR this time so hopefully that shows you something.

I have double checked the HDHomerun config and it is set to mobile priority for the transcoder.

-Eric
Pages: 1 2