NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Host name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi Sub,
You said I could drop my questions here.. (Peter88 from Kodi forum)

I have already tried several times before to use NextPVR without success.
I have just re installed it. On its own it is getting channels, no sound yet but that can wait, EPG doesn't seem to be working yet.
I am now trying to link to Kodi.
First thing is what is the 'host name'. I know it is meant to be my machine, but how do I find the IP or whatever I need to enter in this part?

Thank you
Peter
Are NextPVR and Kodi installed on the same machine? If so, then set the hostname to 127.0.0.1.

If they're on different machines, you can start a command prompt on the NextPVR machine, and run "ipconfig", and look for the line that says "IPv4 address", which will give you an address something like 192.168.1.45, which you can use for the hostname
For the EPG, when you originally did the Import of your IPTV channels, did you specify both the m3u and xmltv URLs at that time? Are you getting any listings or none in the TV Guide?
Yes, both are on the same machine.
I did originally specify the url of the EPG. However this time the settings seemed already present. I'll go back and redo the EPG url. At the moment the EPG is not showing.
I've done the Kodi host name. Not sure if anything actually happened, I switched Kodi off which I think I'm supposed to do.
Updated the url settings on NextPVR and EPG HAS shown up.
Now to restart Kodi.
Orion88 Wrote:Yes, both are on the same machine.
Ok, is it connecting with 127.0.0.1? If not, zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

Quote:I did originally specify the url of the EPG. However this time the settings seemed already present. I'll go back and redo the EPG url. At the moment the EPG is not showing.
It may be best to delete the channels before reimporting them. If still not getting EPG, hit the 'Update EPG' button on the Settings->Channels screen, let it complete, then zip and attach the logs.
Re started Kodi. Shows.. 'PVR manager starting up 0% loading channels from clients'.. This hasn't progressed since. This also happened on previous attempts.
I'll leave it to keep going for the night.
Thanks
Post the logs and we'll take a look. It'd normally only take a few seconds. Leaving it overnight wont make any difference.
Few seconds is pushing it. For me with 150 or so channels it is well over a minute the first time each day but the count starts up quickly.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Few seconds is pushing it. For me with 150 or so channels it is well over a minute the first time each day but the count starts up quickly.

Martin
True - if you've got a big pile of channels, or a slower machine, it might take a minute or more. Leaving it overnight definitely isn't required though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5