NextPVR Forums

Full Version: XMLTV EPG No Longer Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure why, but today my EPG (using Zap2XML) will not update. I've been using the setup for a few years, nothing has changed, but updates will not process. I've emptied the EPG and tried updating again, and nothing. I setup the UpdateEPG.bat file and tried it that way, nothing. Did a total clean install (even deleted old NPVR DB) and started from scratch, still nothing.

In the log (attached) it looks like listings are pulling from the XMLTV file, but nothing shows up in the EPG (screenshot attached).

Live TV works, I just can't get any program information all of a sudden and I don't know why. Any suggestions on getting my EPG back?

Thanks!
Read the note at the top of http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/. Zap2it has changed their website, breaking zap2xml.

The best way to keep yourself immune from these types of problems is to use Schedules Direct instead of zap2xml.
Yeah, what's weird about that is that I used the TV Guide setup which appeared to still work. But I downloaded anyway and there we go.

Thanks for the head's up on that!
that_guy Wrote:Yeah, what's weird about that is that I used the TV Guide setup which appeared to still work. But I downloaded anyway and there we go.

Thanks for the head's up on that!

Looks like they fixed zap2xml. I installed the latest version and it's working again. Just needed to remap the channels in NPVR and then do an EPG update.
AdamUpNorth Wrote:Looks like they fixed zap2xml. I installed the latest version and it's working again. Just needed to remap the channels in NPVR and then do an EPG update.

Can you clarify what you did? Specifically remapping the channels. I cleared the EPG, then ran update EPG, but the guide is still blank. There was no prompt that said I needed to remap the channels.
yeah I was going to post up a new topic.. but figured ill post here..

so I'm running HD Homerun Prime.
on my main machine (on it now)..
I downloaded NextPVR 4.0.5, went to zap2it and downloaded the new zap2xml.exe dated 1/12/18... ran my batch file and went into Nextpvr and did an epg update. ALL GOOD!!!!!

BUT..
my dvr box is a separate machine. I did all the same steps but it wont update. I just cant figure out why. some channels update but some don't. I'm so confused.
trying to figure out what to do...

now that I think of it. I also have the Hauppauge HD quad tuner and some of the channels had data and some didn't. I went in and disabled them, deleted the channels to deem them not the issue.