NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Stuttering and Crashing Live and Recorded TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've had a read on the forums and it seems that other people are experiencing similar issues at the moment.

I can't be certain that it is caused by the Windows 10 major update a few weeks back but since around that time I've been getting stuttering live TV (which after a few seconds crashes) and the same with recorded TV. I'm using the latest version of NextPVR (4.0.5 - 171208) with Kodi (17.6).

I've tried turning timeshifting (in Kodi on and off), I've tried the 'use legacy NPVR TS Reader and Microsoft Demultipliexer' tick (same issue either ticked or unticked) and for decoders I'm using LAC for audio decoders and then for video I've got cyberlink MPEG Muxer (for MPEG2), Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (for H.264) and LAV for HEVC video. I've got Cyberlink PVD 12.0 fully installed (full version). I've got ticked to only use mapped audio decoders during .ts playback.

Autorefresh plugin is installed.

I've not used the NPVRTSReader4.ax fix - although happy to try that if someone can tell me where to place the file.

I've checked that there is read/write access on the files (windows messed that up as it did all my Kodi settings as well).

Help much appreciated because I'm running out of ideas!

Logs are attached.
Stuttering, and problems with audio and video being out of sync, can be caused where the frame rate of your hardware or software does not match that of your TV. In the North America it should be 60 Hz, in Europe 50 Hz. There are settings for this both in Kodi and in many Android boxes. Make sure the settings match your location.
NND Wrote:Stuttering, and problems with audio and video being out of sync, can be caused where the frame rate of your hardware or software does not match that of your TV. In the North America it should be 60 Hz, in Europe 50 Hz. There are settings for this both in Kodi and in many Android boxes. Make sure the settings match your location.

Thanks - in UK. It was strangely set to 60 Hz so I've corrected but still running the same problem unfortunately. Thanks though!
Probably best to focus on play back of recordings for diagnostics, since there is less other factors come into play.

Is it all recordings, or just HD recordings? (in the UK, Standard Def is MPEG2, and High Def is H.264).

If it's HD recordings, does switching the H.264 decoder to the LAV Video Decoder help? I don't have the Cyberlink decoder here, so have never tested agains it.

The Cyberlink MPEG2 Muxer is not a decoder, so wont work for MPEG2.
Ok thanks sub.

I'll try amending decoders (can't understand why PDVD12 isn't showing up on decoder options despite install - do they not have MPEG2 decoder)? I'll also give it a go on recordings and report back.
markgolledge1 Wrote:I'll try amending decoders (can't understand why PDVD12 isn't showing up on decoder options despite install - do they not have MPEG2 decoder)?
An application doesn't need to expose it's decoders to the system. ie, it can have decoders that are private and only available to itself.

That said, I seem to remember that you used to be able to find the CyberLink .ax files and register them, then they'd show up in 3rd party apps like NextPVR. I'm not sure if that is possible with the very latest Cyberlink apps or not.
Hi, I've tried changing the decoders to LAV video decoders and recorded both on HD (H.264) and MPEG2. Unfortunately the stuttering and skipping of the recordings still happens - I get the same issues on recorded TV as well as live TV.
markgolledge1 Wrote:Hi, I've tried changing the decoders to LAV video decoders and recorded both on HD (H.264) and MPEG2. Unfortunately the stuttering and skipping of the recordings still happens - I get the same issues on recorded TV as well as live TV.
Can you supply a sample recording? Put it somewhere like dropbox or onedrive, and let me know the download link.
sub Wrote:Can you supply a sample recording? Put it somewhere like dropbox or onedrive, and let me know the download link.

Thanks - yes here we go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/du9ow6fv7ar4ha...05.ts?dl=0

Thanks!
This is just the HD one but standard def is the same
Pages: 1 2