NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Encrypted IPTV channels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does npvr handle encrypted iptv channels? I see no option for decrypting...?
It handles AES encrypted m3u8 streams, following the standard. ie if key URLs are specified on a media chunk, it'll download those keys and decrypt. This is used on our local New Zealand TV channels.
sub Wrote:It handles AES encrypted m3u8 streams, following the standard. ie if key URLs are specified on a media chunk, it'll download those keys and decrypt. This is used on our local New Zealand TV channels.

Na, I'm thinking of encrypted content like when you have a subscription and use a smartcard with reader, NewCS and Acamd, we have that in Norway...
Reddwarf Wrote:Na, I'm thinking of encrypted content like when you have a subscription and use a smartcard with reader, NewCS and Acamd, we have that in Norway...
I've never encountered those types of streams. They're not supported in NextPVR.
sub Wrote:I've never encountered those types of streams. They're not supported in NextPVR.
Any chance you can add support for them? Like Multidec for tuner channels?
Reddwarf Wrote:Any chance you can add support for them? Like Multidec for tuner channels?
Probably not, unless I can get access to the signals and a smartcard etc. I'd probably wait until I see more demand for this. You're the first person to ever mention this type of service.
sub Wrote:Probably not, unless I can get access to the signals and a smartcard etc. I'd probably wait until I see more demand for this. You're the first person to ever mention this type of service.
Hm, can't it be done like for dvb-s channels?
Reddwarf Wrote:Hm, can't it be done like for dvb-s channels?
It's a very significant amount of development and testing, so needs real signals etc to test with, even if I did reuse bits of the other multidec code.