NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Comcast Cable Card TV Listings EPG equilvalent updater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone here use Comcast with a CableCard and a HD Home Run Prime?

What are you using to get the TV listings populated? Is there a free way to get and equivalent to EPG OTA data? Does Comcast have a channel to scan for EPG like data or is there some internet site that offers Comcast Cable TV Listings EPG data?

Currently I just manually record them by using an online TV guide to see what shows are on. I have no problems getting EPG data on OTA channels so would like a similar convenience on Comcast Cable channels if possible.
I have hdhomerun prime and was using zap2it for epg but it stopped working. I downloaded the new app and it still isnt working. Just got hd homerun connect quatro and havent got far.
Schedules Direct
donschjr Wrote:Schedules Direct

+1

Just use Schedules Direct!
agreed if you want paid support... if you don't want to pay and this way used to work.. not sure why it isn't anymore
DVRMultiStreamer Wrote:Does anyone here use Comcast with a CableCard and a HD Home Run Prime?

What are you using to get the TV listings populated? Is there a free way to get and equivalent to EPG OTA data? Does Comcast have a channel to scan for EPG like data or is there some internet site that offers Comcast Cable TV Listings EPG data?

Currently I just manually record them by using an online TV guide to see what shows are on. I have no problems getting EPG data on OTA channels so would like a similar convenience on Comcast Cable channels if possible.
With this type of device is no free listings like you get via OTA. Your options are basically Schedules Direct or one of the xmltv options. Go with Schedules Direct though, and save your self a lot of work.
Comcast cable, CableCard, HD Prime and Schedules Direct.
I also started out with the free EPGs, but for $25 a year SD is the way to go.
Using Comcast, the same hardware, plus Schedules Direct here. It just works. Smile
Just pay for it already. Cheepskate.
ga_mueller Wrote:Just pay for it already. Cheepskate.

yes I am!!!!! but I did just sign up for SD... trying it now...