NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomerun Connect Quatro - Works!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK thanks to you all, I got it working.
Thought I would throw this here on my steps how I got it to work as I am new to this and was totally lost for the most part.

I did however, already have my HDHomerun Prime and Hauppauge Quad OTA cards working but this device wouldn't scan in.

so these are the steps I did...

1. Goto http://my.hdhomerun.com/
  2. make sure version is current or update by clicking on the link then choosing upgrade
  3. go back and click channels and scan
  4. install the new HDHomerun software
  5. Go into the HDHomerun Setup
  6. click on Digital Antenna and click detect channels
  7. Click ok to save then go into Next PVR and now more devices will show up.

interesting that while I now have ATSC and QAM to scan... the Quatro still lists out as a HDHR and 4 HDHR Prime ...

some screenshots... showing all of my tuners and how they look.
TeleFragger Wrote:OK thanks to you all, I got it working.
interesting that while I now have ATSC and QAM to scan... the Quatro still lists out as a HDHR and 4 HDHR Prime ...

Yes this is what I get on both my Quatro and Connect HDHR4-2US. Note that your quatro (labeled as a Prime)is marked as not present. I recommend disabling the QAM devices and move those down to the bottom of the priority list.
I believe sub hides the prime setting option based on registry keys. Maybe newer devices aren't included.

Martin
I have found that even if I physically remove a device from the network, it still shows up in settings>devices. If I try to delete a physically removed device from settings>devices, it will reappear the next time I scan for devices.
2leftfeet Wrote:Yes this is what I get on both my Quatro and Connect HDHR4-2US. Note that your quatro (labeled as a Prime)is marked as not present. I recommend disabling the QAM devices and move those down to the bottom of the priority list.

Thanks very much. Didn't know this list was also a priority list...
I went in and moved items to the bottom then I also went in and unchecked the enabled button on them all... hopefully even the HDHomerun Prime ones..say not present so disabled them as well. hopefully that doesn't toy with live tv on that device
I believe sub hides the prime setting option based on registry keys. Maybe newer devices aren't included.

Martin
2leftfeet Wrote:I have found that even if I physically remove a device from the network, it still shows up in settings>devices. If I try to delete a physically removed device from settings>devices, it will reappear the next time I scan for devices.
Yep - that's because the HDHR BDA drivers report they're still present. Their drivers continue to report devices it has seen previously, even if they're not there at the time.