NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Npvr 4+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
For some reason I have had poor luck running any version of NPVR since 3.9. Any of the newer versions have not time skipped correctly, even with the patch files. I managed to get it to function better by checking the box to use legacy TSreader, but even then it would occasionally freeze during playback and would have to ctrl-alt-del to kill it. NPVR record service would occasionally stop and miss some shows also. Do you think it is a hardware issue on my aging win10 computer? Perhaps the video card, since it is now in legacy status and AMD is no longer making updated drivers for it?

I'm running Win10 x64 Pro V1703
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz
8gb ram
AMD Radeon HD 6670
Avermedia A188C tuner cards
dlindyds Wrote:Any of the newer versions have not time skipped correctly, even with the patch files. I managed to get it to function better by checking the box to use legacy TSreader, but even then it would occasionally freeze during playback and would have to ctrl-alt-del to kill it.

Sub is steadily gets the bugs out of the new tsreader software component in NextPVR. He needs examples of recordings that don't work well with the new software. It would help if you are to upload recordings that don't playback well to Dropbox or Onedrive or somesuch and post a link to the upload in a post that describes the symptoms.

dlindyds Wrote:NPVR record service would occasionally stop and miss some shows also.

I don't know of anything that has changed in the NextPVR Recording Service that would cause problems. It might be that the broadcast stream to the tuner is sometimes weak due to bad weather or dodgy coax cable connections. Can you post logs as soon as possible after a Recording Service problem and tell us the time of the problem so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.
dlindyds Wrote:NPVR record service would occasionally stop and miss some shows also.
If you have this happens, definitely post logs so we can take a look.

As Graham says, if you find you've got a recording that isn't playing well, please supply the file and I'll check it out here.
It isn't any one recording. It happens on all of them. Once I uninstall the new version and go back to 3.9 the issue disappears. Unless it has something to do with the new version playing the old recordings... The recording service may have been a win10 update issue.
If you can untick that 'use legacy reader and demux' setting, and find a reproducible scenario that causes problems, I can advise next steps for you to collect more info on the problem for me.
If I didn't rely on it so much I could test it. My wife gets twitchy when I mess up her recordings Smile
dlindyds Wrote:If I didn't rely on it so much I could test it. My wife gets twitchy when I mess up her recordings Smile

If a recording does not skip properly during playback (when Use Legacy reader is NOT ticked) ... after you have watched the recording do not delete the recording ... Instead, find the .ts file in the recordings folder and upload the .ts file to Dropbox or some other cloud storage and then post a link to the uploaded file in a post that describes the symptoms that you see. You can then delete the recording in NextPVR as normal. This process changes nothing in NextPVR and will not mess up anything.
Graham Wrote:If a recording does not skip properly during playback (when Use Legacy reader is NOT ticked) ... after you have watched the recording do not delete the recording ... Instead, find the .ts file in the recordings folder and upload the .ts file to Dropbox or some other cloud storage and then post a link to the uploaded file in a post that describes the symptoms that you see. You can then delete the recording in NextPVR as normal. This process changes nothing in NextPVR and will not mess up anything.

I have the same problem with the freezing if I turn on Legacy reader. If I turn it off then after about 4 or 5 skips backwards the recordings fast forwards to the end and says I watched the show and ask if I would like to delete it. I've tried every decoder in the program and nothing fixes it. I would like to get help on this also.
Here is a link to a sample recording that either freezes or fast forwards to the end after skipping back.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aw19v5uoyry44..._cZ5a?dl=0
raylang Wrote:Here is a link to a sample recording that either freezes or fast forwards to the end after skipping back.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aw19v5uoyry44..._cZ5a?dl=0
Can you post some logs showing the issue playing this file. Make sure you legacy reader is turned off, so that it's using the current playback components.

I'll try reproducing it here with this file.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6