NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channels not saving, or staying mapped..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've attached my long. My issue is that I go into Bulk Mapping, and after I have setup all the mappings, and hit OK, if I go back into Bulk Mapping, all the channels are back at their previous settings. I'm using Schedule Direct, and HDHomeRun Prime. The automapping isn't quite getting all of the channels right, seems to be matching by name, not the channel number, which is accurate to the lineup.

The strange thing, is if I go into details, the channel seems to be mapped properly, so I don't know which is correct. I think all this is also throwing the EPG off in Kodi, as channels are mismapped as well.

Any help would be appreciated..
Can you post a screenshot of the bulk map screen just before you hit 'ok'?
This is a screenshot of the Bulk Mapping screen, you scan see the channels that don't match the numbers, but match the name. I can change the channels to the proper mapping, but after I hit OK, and got right back into Bulk Mapping, it's as if I didn't do anything.
so are the mappings shown the correct mappings you've just set, or the wrong mappings that it reverts to after you hit OK?
The wrong mappings that it reverts to.
wildstar87 Wrote:The wrong mappings that it reverts to.

I apologise if I am being dim ... Are you saying that when click "Update EPG" with the mapping shown you get the wrong show listings in the TV Guide for, as examples, KWDKDT and KTBW?
wildstar87 Wrote:you scan see the channels that don't match the numbers, but match the name.

If your channel listing is anything like mine, then the same network channels (with the same guide data and unique channel id) can be shown on multiple channel numbers on the STB. If the guide data is correct it shouldn't matter.

Also the guide numbers in NextPVR are user defined so they aren't involved in the matching.

Martin
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Martin is correct. Just ignore it - these are the same channel.

Behind the scenes NextPVR is mapped to a Schedules Direct station ID, but there happens to be multiple channels in your line up using the that same station ID (and listings), ie the standard definition channel and the high definition version of it. Its the same set of listings, so everything is fine.
I'll have to check when I go home in regards to the schedule, however I'm still bothered by the fact that it doesn't stay mapped after the fact, or that the UI is not presenting the actual settings. It's definitely causing an issue with Kodi, as the channels are being show incorrectly, and I can't use it at all to schedule recordings.

"Also the guide numbers in NextPVR are user defined so they aren't involved in the matching."

I'm not quite sure what this means, I'm just trying to match the channels up, exactly as they are numbered, and shown in the lineup.
wildstar87 Wrote:I'll have to check when I go home in regards to the schedule, however I'm still bothered by the fact that it doesn't stay mapped after the fact, or that the UI is not presenting the actual settings
It is staying mapped, but the mapping is to underlying value you don't see, the Schedules Direct StationID, which just happens to be the same for multiple channels in your lineup (since they have exactly the same listings). This wont cause any problems though, and will get the correct listings into your guide, against the right channels. If you don't think that is the case, I'm happy to take a look at your npvr.db3 file.

None of this will have any effect on Kodi though. If you're having issues with that, you'll need to give us a good description of the problem you're seeing and we'll work out why. It may be unrelated.
Pages: 1 2