NextPVR Forums

Full Version: iTunes support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for being a complete newbie, but is there really no support for iTunes formatted songs, playlists and databases ??

Is this because Apple jealously guard their secrets ? or just that no one has gotten around to reverse engineering their codecs ?

Thanks...
The My Music plugin supports iTunes playlists. If you want to play tracks downloaded from the Music Store, then I think you're out of luck - unless someone knows otherwise (or you convert them to mp3) ...
Adam Hi

It depends what you mean by support. I use the MyMusic plugin which sipports iTunes playlists as well as its own.

I use iTunes for cataloging (rip in MP3) as iTunes allows you to keep the files structured as you wish, which is important for MyMusic organisation.

iTunes is then good for creating offline complicated playlists while I just use MyMusic for on-the-fly playlists. Incidentally MyMusic will, if you wish, convert the xml playlists in to a more efficient m3u format.

Personally I think they worlk well together but you have to decide what you want (the part I find most difficult!)

Cheers

Alan
Thanks for the swift response !

I have ripped all of my music to AAC format though... not MP3, so I guess it will not play at all - or is there some cunning way around this? I thought that AAC was the only format that would work on my iPod.

If not I have a happy sunday or four ahead of me re-ripping my collection :-)
adamopolis Wrote:Thanks for the swift response !

I have ripped all of my music to AAC format though... not MP3, so I guess it will not play at all - or is there some cunning way around this? I thought that AAC was the only format that would work on my iPod.

If not I have a happy sunday or four ahead of me re-ripping my collection :-)

I think you can Right Click a selection (or uses Advanced Menu) in iTunes to Convert to MP3. You can also set up bit rate etc in iTunes. However a Catch22 here as a lot of us have probmems with the iTunes Tags in MyMusic so I rip with EAC. So beware!

I have never tried AAC with GBPVR so dont actually know whether it works or not. I assume not.

Cheers

Alan
i have found that only Itunes will recognize the AAC files. I rip using ITUNES and have it set to rip to MP3. The few songs I've purchased don't even show up in any of the various GBPVR plugins.

Question- where are my Itunes playlists located? How can I point to them in the various plugins?
joshftx Wrote:i have found that only Itunes will recognize the AAC files. I rip using ITUNES and have it set to rip to MP3. The few songs I've purchased don't even show up in any of the various GBPVR plugins.

Question- where are my Itunes playlists located? How can I point to them in the various plugins?

Your iTunes are located in wherever it says (you can change it) in iTunes Edit/Preferences/Advanced.

For the MyMusic plug-in you just need to set the settings to reflect the same. Interestingly you can rip via other progs to where you like and then import to iTunes.

As I said in a previous post before you rip your whole collection confirm that the id3 tags work in your chosen plug in. If they do not work you may want to rip with a different prog, it wont affect your ability to use iTunes as a Library and playlist maker etc etc.

Alan