NextPVR Forums

Full Version: next PVR set up successful but picture is 720P and not 1080i How do I get 1080I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings

Now that I'm using windows 10 and no longer use windows media center. I decided to try Kodi as front end and Next PVR in interface with my tuner board which is a AVerMedia A188C PCIe Pure ATSC tuner card. I set up one of the tuners on rabbit ears did a scan with a half dozen channel that come in. I down loaded and used ffdshow as the decoders version 1.3.4531 set up next PVR in kodi. It works fine except I get a beautiful 720p picture were I use to get a 1080i picture in windows media center. What could be causing this? I tried looking at ffdshow video setting and NextPVR setting with no success. Could I be using the wrong decoders? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Steve
When it comes to a digital tuner, like your ATSC tuner, Kodi is just getting a copy of the original broadcast. If the channel is 1080i, then Kodi is getting 1080i. If the channel is 720p, then Kodi is getting 720p.