NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playback of recording jumps into fast forward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sub,

I finally managed to stop the wife from deleting on of those troublesome recordings that has problems when skipping ( i.e. video goes into Fast forward.)

Interestingly enough there is a "blip" in the video stream at about the 32 minute mark and this causes the playback to jump into fast forward all of its own accord.

This is consistent and happens every time playback passes the 32 minute mark. You can stop the playback and resume and everything will play normal till the end of the file (as long as the resume is after that 32 minute "blip".)

I've uploaded the file to Dropbox if you want to take a look? (Note: there are no errors in the logs indicating a problem with the playback).

The files quite big (about 1.7Gb)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ar67FAOjldOr4WjCE0T33IIwTLAP
Thanks - I've had a bit of a look around the file, but can't find the problem area yet.

Can you tell me what question the game show is asking just before it happens?
Sure.
It's about 31 minutes into the programme. Ruth and Ambrush have just had a score of 43 for their "Phantom of the Opera" answer and Steve and George's answer of the "Invisible Man" has just reached a score of 32 when the "blip" occurs.
If I play the file in NPVR the blip causes the playback to go into fast forward every time (I'm using the Microsoft default decoders).
If I play the file in Windows Media player, the blip causes video to jump about 2 seconds forward and resumes play.
If I play the file in KMPlayer, you don't see any blip at all.
Thanks for the sample video, and the instructions pin-pointing the location in the file.

The issue related to the clock wrap-around that happens occasionally in the stream. This updated NPVRTSReader4.ax resolves the issue. Let me know how you get on.
Thanks Sub,

I can confirm that appears to have fixed particular problem :-)
Great!
I can confirm that the fix has also worked for me on two recordings with the same problem - Thanks