NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Exception Error with new 4.0.5. HELP...Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time posting. Be gentle. I read the first post and did all the searching I could with my limited abilities at this.

After upgrading to 4.0.5 I keep getting a very annoying error message every time I use my Windows 10 and Start NextPVR, then click on Live TV. The error message has an OK option, but I keep pressing it over and over to no end. The only way to exit is to force to close all NPVR windows. I tried to stop all services and reinstall a fresh new download, I tried rebooting, I tried removing my USB Tuner (WinTV HVR-950 BDA Tuner) and adding it back on. Nothing so far works. Remote viewing through Kodi still works, I do most of my viewing through the local NPVR client on my Desktop/server. Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Hopefully my two attachments will show up (screen capture of error and logs)
Your video card doesn't support D3D the way that NextPVR wants and I notice that it also doesn't like the EVR renderer

2018-02-01 15:53:38.280 [DEBUG][1] Adding EVR renderer
2018-02-01 15:53:38.288 [DEBUG][1] Unable to get MR_VIDEO_RENDER_SERVICE
2018-02-01 15:53:39.312 [DEBUG][1] SetAspectRatio failed to get IMFVideoDisplayControl
2018-02-01 15:53:39.322 [ERROR][1] Playback graph failed to Run()

Perhaps try another renderer.

Martin
Yeah, what he said. Try switching to the VMR9 video renderer.
Awesome mvallevand and sub. I switched the renderer and got it working again. I just had an issue with VMR9 at first. Every channel had a strong green tint on it. I had to also switch the MPEG2 video decoder from Microsoft DTV-DVD to ffdshow. That finally did the trick.

Now, and because I'm curious, and if you know or anyone knows the answer, why my previous setting were working before upgrading to 4.0.5 and now they do not? Is it a compatibility issue or did the EVR rendered got corrupted?

And my last question. Is there an optimal Windows 10 Decoders configuration for the WinTV HVR-950?

Again, thank you so much and thank in advance for any answers or suggestions to my follow up questions.
Quote:Now, and because I'm curious, and if you know or anyone knows the answer, why my previous setting were working before upgrading to 4.0.5 and now they do not?
I don't think it's anything to do with 4.0.5. I suspect if you went back to an older release of NextPVR, it'd be the same there. I think both EVR not working, and the green tinting with VMR9, point to some issue with your graphics drivers. (maybe you've changed resolutions, or Windows has updated the graphics card drivers)
Thank you Sub. The only change on that machine was that last Window 10 big update.