NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Not receiving all channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've just this week installed NextPVR with Kodi on Windows 10. I have a Saber twin digital tuner card which has worked flawlessly on Windows 7 but I can't receive all the channels on 10. I am missing all the SBS channels 3x and channel 44. I live in Perth Australia. Can anyone help or has anyone had a similar problem?
Your local transmitter file may be incorrect. Make sure you do an 'Australia' / 'All Regions' scan.
That was it! When I first set up the channels I didn't think to look for "All Regions" especially as it shows in the list after Alice Springs.
Thanks.
One more thing what would be the reason why the EPG is not loading for my recently added SBS and 44 channels? They show blanks where the other channels show programs. The channels are watchable.
moviedude Wrote:One more thing what would be the reason why the EPG is not loading for my recently added SBS and 44 channels? They show blanks where the other channels show programs. The channels are watchable.

Try going to settings / channels in NPVR and then [Update EPG] For some reason the scheduled update doesn't include new channels until after a manual update.
That fixed it - thanks.
Lao Pan Wrote:For some reason the scheduled update doesn't include new channels until after a manual update.

It would be very annoying adding more then one channel if it did an automatic update after each add.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:It would be very annoying adding more then one channel if it did an automatic update after each add.

Martin

That's true - but if you don't do a manual update it won't update any newly added channels on the overnight update - ever. (I waited about 5 days once)
I usually say no to the "You have just added a channel do you want to update the epg" message as there are 2 or three more tuners requiring scanning and it takes about 10 minutes to update the epg. (9 muxes to scan)
Lao Pan Wrote:That's true - but if you don't do a manual update it won't update any newly added channels on the overnight update - ever. (I waited about 5 days once)
Any newly added channels will be updated with the next overnight EPG update. It runs the exact same EPG update as when you click the button to manually initiate it.