NextPVR Forums

Full Version: stuttering and buffering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue where my video will often be pixelized or stutter when watching or recording live TV. It happens in both Kodi and NextPVR. CPU and RAM are not peaked. My Hardware is as follows

Display: AMD Radeon HD 5450

Processor: AMD fx™ 4300 Quad-core Processor 3.8GHz

RAM 16GB

Any ideas would be helpful
If you play one of the recordings in another player, like VLC, does it play perfectly? If not, please supply an example recording - you can put it somewhere like dropbox or onedrive.
sub Wrote:If you play one of the recordings in another player, like VLC, does it play perfectly? If not, please supply an example recording - you can put it somewhere like dropbox or onedrive.

It happens with live TV. Sometimes one channel will be fine and another awful, when I check my TV that uses just an OTA antenna the picture is fine. I have also swapped the antennas wit the same results. I can still upload a recording if you like.
When you're watching live TV, it is kind of like making a recording and playing it. While you're attempting it, and getting poor results, copy the live .ts buffer file in your live tv buffer directory (see Settings->Misc screen), so that it's not deleted when you stop live tv. Does that file play ok?
Also post the logs showing an attempt at live tv, from when you get bad results.

What tuner are you using?
crafter Wrote:Sometimes one channel will be fine and another awful, when I check my TV that uses just an OTA antenna the picture is fine.
It's worth noting that real TVs often have much better tuners in them than your get in TV tuner adapters for PCs.

Do the awful channels usually stay awful? It's probably weak signal on these channels.
the awful channels usually stay awful, they sometimes will give me hope and be ok for a little bit only to be bad next. Today it's ABC giving me an issue, including playing the buffered file back. My TV tuner is a Hauppauge Win-TV-HVR-2255. I've uploaded the video and logs here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kp2dp9tug3c4p...eS0qa?dl=0
Up until about a month ago it was OK with the occasional stutter which i chalked it up to a bad signal that day. Slowly it's gotten worse.
Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks in advance
Yeah, looking at that file you just have terrible reception (or too many signal splitters degrading the signal).

You'll find those same awful channels are also awful in the Hauppauge WinTV application.