NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Autoremovemissingrecordings not working [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to have a problem with Autoremovemissingrecordings not working for certain older shows.
I tested it with a show recorded today and it worked perfectly but this show below (as an example) is still in the database and is never deleted despite my having deleted the entire show folder.

2018-02-05 19:26:14.094 [DEBUG][1] ActivatePopup: ShowDetailsPopup
2018-02-05 19:26:14.094 [DEBUG][1] PlaybackPositionHelper.GetPlaybackPosition(R:\Recordings\Antiques Roadshow\Season 40\Antiques Roadshow.S40E04.Nymans 2.ts)
2018-02-05 19:26:14.123 [DEBUG][1] cached catalog does not exist

Actually, that's it. I originally deleted the folder Antiques Roadshow and everything under it. However when I recreated the folder Antiques Roadshow (but not Season 40), it then worked fine.

Something in the back of my mind was reminding me about some sort of defense mechanism for when NAS/USB drives are disconnected. Search forum....got it.
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...sconnected

NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing was set to true. I set it to false and it worked.

So this parameter is defining the "root" as being on a per recording basis, rather than the defined recording directory. I can see that it absolutely has to be that way for people with multiple recording drives who mount them to specific sub folder and/or use junctions. So my actual solution is to not delete the root folder of a show, just the shows and/or season folders under it.

I thought I would just leave this here (with [solved]) in case others run into the same issue in the future but (mod) please delete if you prefer.