NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Decoding Issues - Maybe??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance. I've attached the latest zip of the logs after changing and checking a configuration in the IPTV Device, which results in a different URL for a channel (I can parse my list and get either .ts or .m3u8 URLs).

When configured to receive the .ts URLs, the content doesn't play. Says "unable to find available capture device". If I take a URL out of channel details, and pop it in VLC - it plays.

When configured to receive the .m3u8 URLs, NextPVR appears to connect, but there is no audio or video output. Right-click on the black screen (with correct channel name in title bar) and it shows stop,pause, etc.
Again, if I take the URL from the channel details (this time formatted in .m3u8) and pop it in VLC - it plays.

I suspect the 'token' parameter is being parsed strangely or perhaps has characters that are unanticipated? *shrug* The logs don't seem to show the full URL of the channels in NRecord.log - is there a setting I can enable to get a full path (detailed or verbose logging?) - might help.

Thanks again! Awesome software!

-J
Just an update - this issue isn't impacting every channel. Only certain ones.
I've just got back from a work trip, and got a backlog - if you can bump this in a couple of days, I'll check it out for you.
Bump bump, Sub. Thanks man!
Your most recent logs show attempts at the .ts urls and .m3u8 urls. Let focus on .ts for now, because it's a simpler scenario with less that can go wrong.

Can you delete your channels, reimport the ts version of the m3u, then pick a channel that we can focus on, do a single attempt to watch that channel, then zip and email over our logs? I can decrypt the URL from the log, and if it's ok with you, I'll briefly try the same url here.
Yea that's fine with me. Whatever's clever.

I've been notified that moving forward the setup is preferred to deliver to m3u8 URLs. I've removed the device, re-imported the URLs and was delivered m3u8 channel URLs.

Scenario changed a little. Copied channel URL to VLC renders a watchable stream. NextPVR produces a 404. Logs are as of now and channel is known good at this time.

Thanks for your time!
I heard rumors another thread may have addressed the issue here? A custom dll you dropped?
On of the recent updated NShared.dll probably fixes it. I've attached the latest.
I'll check it out. Any plans to push this as part of an update?
johnthepro Wrote:I'll check it out. Any plans to push this as part of an update?
It'll be included with the next release.