NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Remote Access IOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone please help.

I am new to nextpvr.

I downloaded the ios app for remote access - I have no problem accessing the nextpvr when at home (same wifi network).

But whatever I do, I can not access it when I am away from home (using Verizon whenever there is no wifi).

I have enabled the web access and remote access in nextpvr, re-started recording service, but still can not obtain remote access form my iphone.

I have tried adding a server by adding my IP address and pin (changed from default to another number) - but still nothing.

A message pops up on the phone saying: "Sorry. Unable to connect to specified server"

I am going crazy here.

Just for your info, I also have playon and can access that remotely - This tells me that port forwarding is working and I never had to do anything to make that one work.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jam Wrote:I have tried adding a server by adding my IP address and pin (changed from default to another number) - but still nothing.
A message pops up on the phone saying: "Sorry. Unable to connect to specified server"

Do you need to enable port forwarding on your home router? Are you using the external IP address of your home router when attempting to connect using the NextPVR iOS app?
Jam Wrote:A message pops up on the phone saying: "Sorry. Unable to connect to specified server"

Please send your NextPVR logs something might show up there.

Martin
Which one is the external IP address of the router. Where do you get that.
Yes, I have turned the port forwarding on.

How can I get the nextpvr logs?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.
Jam Wrote:Which one is the external IP address of the router. Where do you get that.
Yes, I have turned the port forwarding on.

How can I get the nextpvr logs?

The router should have a screen that tells you the external IP address ... it's the address that the router gets from your ISP ... it probably changes every few days or weeks.

There is a button at NextPVR Settings --> About that will zip the logs for you.
Thanks. I will check into it tonight and let you know.
Here is the log file.

Thanks
Your logs of full of errors from an old version of OpenElec you probably need to update to the new PIN on that device for it to connect. For the iOS problem, you will need to turn of the Kodi box to eliminate the spam, then retry from your phone and send the logs again

Martin
Thank you for taking a look - Will do it and attach a new log file when I get home.
Here is the log file.

I tried accessing nextpvr from my iphone remotely (no wifi) and got the following message on my iphone:
"Sorry, unable to connect to specified server"

But when I connect within the home network, I have no problem accessing nextpvr (FYI: I did not try this while doing the log)

Hope this helps - I have had the app for almost a week now and can not really use it.

Thanks,

Hope this helps
Pages: 1 2