NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Anybody had problem playing final recorded TS file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I noticed that final recorded file is TS file.
I play it with VLC, MPV, etc..
About 30-50% of time I get bad TS file.
Skip, freeze, wrong time shown, fastforward/back skip too much or not work. etc..
When I convert to MP4 with ffmpeg, duration is reduced (meaning) some bad parts in TS.
But MP4 plays with video/audio out sync, but fastforward/back, time, duration all work fine.

It's not my internet, or source of tv channels. I will detail later, if need.
It must be something to do when NPVR access and record, download tv channel, then make TS file.

It's not corrupt file, I see file size, duration, and TS file plays but with problems I mentioned.

So before I share more details, I like to know if others here had such problems before?
If so what was problem? solution?
I've not see any other reports of that, but if you're an IPTV users, it could be a case of your internet connection not keeping up. If that were the case, it'd likely be worse if you're doing multiple streams at the same time (like recording multiple channels, or watching and recording at the same time).
sub Wrote:I've not see any other reports of that, but if you're an IPTV users, it could be a case of your internet connection not keeping up. If that were the case, it'd likely be worse if you're doing multiple streams at the same time (like recording multiple channels, or watching and recording at the same time).

I figured you might reply this way.
so let me explain more what I did and how I thought problem might be with NPVR. Please correct me if my logic is faulty.

First let me make very clear, I am only a end user, point/click then watch. I can follow any instructions what to do with computer.
Like a good police detective, not expert but got a brain to think and ask logical relevant questions.

The reason I eliminated my internet or IPTV service as problem.
I record same tv channel from same provider at same time. NPVR and VLC.
I played both TS in MPV. VLC recorded file played fine, NPVR TS skip/freeze. I tried other players, result same.

Also same channel at same time WATCH and RECORD. WATCH no buffer, nothing, stream perfect.
But RECORD TS file played with problems as described above.
So NPVR is accessing from same source for WATCH and RECORD but with different result.

I read in this forum, "NextPVR is just recording a dump of whatever comes from the device"
ok, why then the differences I described above?

True typically I seen this type of play back problem associated with bad internet or IPTV providers. Maybe even tuners too.
I did a detective logical deductive testing.
AM I wrong?

Also you said "it'd likely be worse if you're doing multiple streams at the same time", I agree in principle.
So I did a test.
Recorded 2 and 3 channels at once, and compared to recording only one channel.
Guess what? One channel recording TS had problems,
and only some 2 and 3 channels recording had same problem.
Important thing here is 2 and 3 channels recording did give some good TS file to play.
So why I get good TS file when multiple channels are recorded same time? Logic says can;t happen, but it did.
So maybe not internet or channel source?

Lastly I agree NPVR can't be problem either, "NextPVR is just recording a dump of whatever comes from the device"
Thus I am CONFUSED.

TS file file is not corrupt, only some problems in playing.

BTW I already deleted bad TS files. I can still watch most of it but not perfect.
I don;t wanna confuse or expand issues here but here some other thoughts.
I didn't test for this yet.

Does NPVR treat LIVE streams(live sports game broadcast) different than pre-recorded videos playing in channels.
for example, channel just broadcasted LIVE game, then re-broadcasted the same game later which would be pre-recorded but still broadcast in same channel.
To my understanding any recorder like NPVR or "vidoe/stream downloaders" would treat or see LIVE and pr-record differently.

So back to NPVR.
Is it possible that TS file problem comes from LIVE rather than pre-record broadcast?
Just asking??
Please try each of the following using one channel for all tests and report the result for each ...

1) Watch Live TV for 5 minutes
2) Watch Live TV for 30 seconds and then pause the Live TV ... wait 30 seconds and then un-pause the Live TV and then watch for 5 minutes
3) Record a show from the TV Guide and start watching the recording while the recording is in progress ... starting to watch the recording a few minutes after the show has begun. Watch the recording for 5 minutes.

Item 2) above will cause NextPVR to write the video to a file on disk and then playback from the file. Thanks.
Graham Wrote:Please try each of the following using one channel for all tests and report the result for each ...

1) Watch Live TV for 5 minutes
2) Watch Live TV for 30 seconds and then pause the Live TV ... wait 30 seconds and then un-pause the Live TV and then watch for 5 minutes
3) Record a show from the TV Guide and start watching the recording while the recording is in progress ... starting to watch the recording a few minutes after the show has begun. Watch the recording for 5 minutes.

Item 2) above will cause NextPVR to write the video to a file on disk and then playback from the file. Thanks.

Sorry, I can't. I don't have IPTV service anymore. It was a day trial. I wanted to checkout NPVR tv guide recording.
I was so excited to use NPVR based on what I heard it can do. I am sure it's a great program.
But based on my test, using rational/logic thought process, I question NPVR.

Maybe it's IPTV service? Maybe difficult to record 1080P?
Maybe my internet? where I am located?
Maybe NPVR? but highly unlikely since all NPVR does is "NextPVR is just recording a dump of whatever comes from the device"

I don;t know the answer, and I am not sure who even knows the answer.
I spent few hours reading forum. Few interesting topics. Learned few things.
Many satisfied users. I am sure many tried NPVR and passed and move on to other programs without saying anything.

I am lucky that I can get 99% what I wanna watch from other sources than via NPVR.
Only thing I was interest using NPVR for was tv guide recording and recording LIVE stream sports games.
But future don;t look promising for me and NPVR.
But I keep trying. LOL
joeijm Wrote:Also you said "it'd likely be worse if you're doing multiple streams at the same time", I agree in principle.
So I did a test.
Recorded 2 and 3 channels at once, and compared to recording only one channel.
Guess what? One channel recording TS had problems,
and only some 2 and 3 channels recording had same problem.
Important thing here is 2 and 3 channels recording did give some good TS file to play.
So why I get good TS file when multiple channels are recorded same time? Logic says can;t happen, but it did.
So maybe not internet or channel source?
Diagnosing these things with IPTV can be tricky. One important thing to note is that a single IPTV provider would typically uses dozens of different hosting sites and servers, and the channels will be from various different locations (with non-obvious HTTP 304 redirection when you first ask for the channel). You can sometimes find that you have a great connection for watching/recording some channels (on hosting server X), but a shitty connection to other channels (on hosting server Y).

Quote:TS file file is not corrupt, only some problems in playing.
If the file is not corrupt, then NextPVR should be able to play it. I'm happy to look a sample file, and fix any playback issues.
sub:
speaking of playback issues..
I downloaded NPVRTSReade4.ax., but I can't or don;t know how to open it?
Is it an application? How I put TS file into NPVRTSReade4.ax? or is there command line?
I have NO clue how to use NPVRTSReade4.ax, HELP?
BTW what's PART file? compared to TS file?
joeijm Wrote:sub:
speaking of playback issues..
I downloaded NPVRTSReade4.ax., but I can't or don;t know how to open it?
Is it an application? How I put TS file into NPVRTSReade4.ax? or is there command line?
I have NO clue how to use NPVRTSReade4.ax, HELP?
I replied to you question about this here:
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...SReade4-ax

Basically this is just a sub component of NextPVR, used when you play .ts files in NextPVR. It's not something you can use by itself outside of NextPVR.
Pages: 1 2 3