NextPVR Forums

Full Version: unexpected error when setting up recordings and not saving to default group in kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im not sure if the error is with kodi. cause i dont get an error when i save to default directory. im just not sure if im setting up the directorys correctlly in npvr. i changed my virtual default to my D: drive. then i added some sub directorys Soap operas, Ncis also in the d: drive. - and added them to npvr and gave them virtual names. i can choose these groups in kodi but every time i goto save the timer (for an edited timer i havent tried on new one will do that tonight) i get the unexpected error. very frustrating i would just like to keep these recording in seperate directorys. now i got the kodi logger addon and uploader but my file was to large to upload (had it running when i first started with kodi) anyway thought id just delete it unless you think thats a bad idea. also could i get a quick link to uploading my npvr logs and where to turn them on and find them.
Jeffrey13 Wrote:... a quick link to uploading my npvr logs and where to turn them on and find them.

NextPVR Settings --> About has a button that will zip the NextPVR logs for you.

To be sure that we are on the same page ... Did you create additional directories in NextPVR Settings --> Recordings as shown at ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?....Recording

You will need to attach the Kodi log or a link to a location online that contains the Kodi log ... the page at ... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced ... describes some options or there is Dropbox or similar.
Jeffrey13 Wrote:i changed my virtual default to my D: drive.

If the drive is only virtual at the user level then note that the recording service runs in different user space then normal users including Administrator. Consider changing the permsision for the account of the recording service from Local System

Martin
i've found out what i was doing wrong. it seems that when i gave my recording directories their virtual name like NCIS for d:/tvshows /ncis it would work fine but when i named it days of our lives for d:/tvshows/days of our lives kodi gave me errors. so i renamed the virtual directory to days and all worked fine. seems kodi didnt like the spaces. thanks for your time and effort im going to have more questions during my journey with kodi and nextpvr theres a lot i want to do but for right now what some sweet programs.