NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Loss of EPG in NVPR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I am situated in the UK using the Hannington transmitter (Freeview). All of a sudden the EPG has disapeared leaving me with "No Show Details" on all channels.
Any ideas?
Scants
scants Wrote:All of a sudden the EPG has disapeared leaving me with "No Show Details" on all channels.

Please go to NextPVR Settings --> Channels and click on Update EPG ... then NextPVR Settings --> About and click on Zip Logs button ... and attach the log zip file to a post ... Thanks.
Hello Graham,
Thank you for your interest. As requested, I have attached the Logs file.
Scants
Hello Graham,
Thank you for your reply, I think that I may have sent my original reply to my post. Here is the information which you requested.
Your interest is most welcome.
Scants.
Is one or more of your channels trying to get EPG data from an .xml file? Where does the .xml file come from?
Whilst SUB may need to advise on the significance of this error in your logs

2018-04-02 14:22:05.148 [INFO][9] EPG update thread starting...
2018-04-02 14:22:05.178 [DEBUG][9] Updating EPG...
2018-04-02 14:22:05.178 [DEBUG][9] UpdateEPG@1
2018-04-02 14:22:05.184 [DEBUG][9] No C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\UpdateEPG.bat file found
2018-04-02 14:22:05.184 [DEBUG][9] UpdateEPG@2
2018-04-02 14:22:05.212 [ERROR][9] Unexpected error updating EPG: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at NShared.XmltvEPGSource.UpdateEPG(List`1 channels)
at NShared.EPGManager.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback)

A somewhat obvious question. Did this start after any software update and have you re-booted the system since this started?
It looks like your xmltv file is corrupt and NextPVR can't read listings out of it.
Hello Graham and Bobins,
I am not aware of any software updates and yes I have rebooted my system, quite a number of times. In fact, I removed the programs NVPR and SAF completly and reinstalled both programs including the TV card driver.
Thank you for your interest.
Scants
Can you supply your c:\users\public\npvr\npvr.db3 file?
Graham Wrote:Is one or more of your channels trying to get EPG data from an .xml file? Where does the .xml file come from?

sub Wrote:It looks like your xmltv file is corrupt and NextPVR can't read listings out of it.

scants Wrote:... I have rebooted my system, quite a number of times

Yes ... but ... Is one or more of your channels trying to get EPG data from an .xml file? Where does the .xml file come from?
Pages: 1 2 3