NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Black screen only over NextPVR (3.x to 4.1.1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the PC running as a PVR connected to a 16:9 TV (on another input), when I turn the PVR on (wake from sleep, remote is not capable of bringing it out of sleep as it isn't a "mouse" or "keyboard", thanks ASUS), the system comes back from sleep, but NextPVR is totally black, until I turn the mouse on on the remote and move it, then poof, it's there. Only happens after a duration of idleness. The screensaver is set to None on NextPVR and there are no savers on the PC and the Power Management has it off. While working on the 4.1.0 update, after about 30 mins with the TV off, I came back to the TV, turned it on and not in full screen mode which is how I left it, NextPVR's whole client area within the border was black, again until I moved the mouse in it and poof, it came back. Almost like a screensaver inside it alone, the rest of the screen was how I left it. Does the default theme offer a builtin screen blank saver? At least 4.1.1 seems to keep itself "on top" as previous versions before didn't and I had to keep using the mouse mode to click it in front of the task bar (now that I've said that, it'll make a liar out of me tomorrow or the next day).

GuruSR.
On the Settings->About screen, in the top box (About), what does the bottom line say? It might be something like 'Using Direct2D renderer'.
"Using Direct3D Renderer" is what it says, just like on this PC, checked it here first.

GuruSR.
Can you post a npvr.log, covering the time you resumed from standby, and pressed a key to make it show up? I'll see if I can make it refresh automatically for you.
Having similar issue. Screen comes on and stays black. Using

HP OMNI 2710xt PC
Windows 10-1709 version (?)
Can you post a npvr.log, covering the time you resumed from standby, and pressed a key to make it show up? I'll see if I can make it refresh automatically for you.
This sounds like the same issue that I used to experience some years ago whereby when windows is woken by a scheduled task (as opposed to by mouse or keyboard), it doesn't automatically wake up the video output. My research at the time led me to understand that this was in fact expected behaviour in windows 7 but also possibly related to bug in older video drivers.

I wrote an autoit script (launched by wake.bat) to simulate a mouse click to wake up the display but it would certainly be much better if nextpvr detected a wake event and triggered an event to wake the display.
sub Wrote:Can you post a npvr.log, covering the time you resumed from standby, and pressed a key to make it show up? I'll see if I can make it refresh automatically for you.

I'll do that remotely when I see it happen again. The PC goes to "Sleep" 15 mins after no activity. The only way I can put the unit back on, is the power button on the front. The PC shutsdown at 1:45AM and restarts at 7:45AM each day using RTC BIOS schedule.

gEd Wrote:This sounds like the same issue that I used to experience some years ago whereby when windows is woken by a scheduled task (as opposed to by mouse or keyboard), it doesn't automatically wake up the video output. My research at the time led me to understand that this was in fact expected behaviour in windows 7 but also possibly related to bug in older video drivers.

I wrote an autoit script (launched by wake.bat) to simulate a mouse click to wake up the display but it would certainly be much better if nextpvr detected a wake event and triggered an event to wake the display.

I actually have run into this issue with the window not full screen, after bringing it out of sleep (with the power button), after doing some work on another machine and returning to it to change settings, the whole screen came back up but the client area of NPVR was black. Only when I move the mouse over it, will it refresh. I think it may also be tied in with how when I pause a recording, when the Info panel vanishes, it shows the next frame, almost as if the current buffered frame isn't being shown until something forces it to display it. As for the display drivers, all fully up to date, the entire machine is, even the BIOS is current.

GuruSR.