NextPVR Forums

Full Version: LiveTV playback all broken up after win 1803 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

As per the title, Live TV playback is all broken up after the update to Win10 1803. I have updated LAV filters to v71 and reinstalled the latest ver of NextPVR, Tried using the MS decoder, re-installed the TV tuner card (Leadtek DTV 1000s) all to no avail.

see screen capture and logs attached

Any ideas?

Thanks Jordy
If you do a recording, then play it in another player, like VLC, does it show problems there?
I think so. I'll check when I get a chance
Thanks
@Sub, It seems as though its a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I see the breaking up on both LiveTv and playing the recorded file in VLC and then sometimes it's OK. Just wondering if I should bite the bullet and re-install windows. I can't think of anything else unless its the vid card. I know it's not the TV tuner card as I've already swapped it out for another that I know works just fine.
jordy1955 Wrote:Sometimes I see the breaking up on both LiveTv and playing the recorded file in VLC and then sometimes it's OK.

The most common cause of these symptoms is a dodgy signal into the tuner device. What happens if you do a test after removing all splitters and extension cables from the coax into the tuner?
@Graham, Yes I thought that might be an issue too. However. I have two pcs connected to the same splitter in the same room, from the same feed - and that one is not experiencing the same issue. The only difference is that the good pc is running Win 7. It even has identical tuners (two of them). I tried changing the cables between the pcs and no difference on either pc. So I think that rules it out. I'll play some more tomorrow though. Any chance it could be the Video card (nVidia 1050 TI) - prob clutching at straws tho, since it happens to recordings as well...
My first thought is that Windows is broken, not NextPVR. Given the disaster that Win 10 updating has become, you may be tilting at windmills by trying to "fix" this. Microsoft uses its customers to do QA these days and every new Win 10 release brings a host of new bugs. Sad Version 1803 even blue screens some of Microsoft's very own Surface devices. :o Have you tried rolling back to the previous version?
I agree with Graham, years of experience point to signal problems causing such breakup like this. Some tuners handle poor signal better than others. Splitters are never a good idea unless they are amplifying the output signals.
jordy1955 Wrote:@Graham, Yes I thought that might be an issue too. However. I have two pcs connected to the same splitter in the same room, from the same feed - and that one is not experiencing the same issue. The only difference is that the good pc is running Win 7. It even has identical tuners (two of them). I tried changing the cables between the pcs and no difference on either pc. So I think that rules it out. I'll play some more tomorrow though. Any chance it could be the Video card (nVidia 1050 TI) - prob clutching at straws tho, since it happens to recordings as well...
It is definitely sounding like signal issues. Try removing the splitter, or swapping the cables. FYI, manufacturers often use slightly different hardware (like tuners) when they make different runs of the capture devices, so this second card could easily be less responsive than the first one.
@Sub, Sorry for the late reply - busy life... I have 3 of these tuners and non of them have ever failed to produce the goods. I have swapped both tuners and cables between the pcs and whilst they all work fine on the Win7 pc, they are all intermittent on the Win10 (1803). I really don't want to re-install Wn10 but that might be the only way. Going back to 1709 will only delay the inevitable. Looks like i don't have much of a choice... I will try removing the splitter, but as it's intermittent, I will loose the backup viewing/recording from my Win 7 pc whilst testing...

Thanks anyway

Update: Removed the splitter, uninstalled and re-installed NPVR and also changed the tuner card to a different PCI slot - result - no difference, still getting the broken up picture. I'm going to try another PVR app to see if that changes things. Will keep you informed. cheers
Pages: 1 2