NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 4.1.1 Freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having trouble with 4.1.1 freezing during playback and have to kill the program. I have attached the log files. You have one of my recordings from the other day.
dlindyds Wrote:You have one of my recordings from the other day.
Does that specific recording cause it to freeze? Is there a particular spot?
sub Wrote:Does that specific recording cause it to freeze? Is there a particular spot?

Seems completely random. Was freezing on several recordings.
It may seem random, but I'm sure you'll find there is actually a pattern to it, even if it's not completely obvious to you yet. Computers and software don't typically do "complete random". ie, it'll be something tripping up the application, like something in the stream (like certain place in the file), or some sequence of events (like when some times when you skip back) etc. You'll likely need to focus a little more clearly on what was happening at the time, so we can collect some more detailed info.

For example, that log you posted showed that you're using comskip, and it appeared to freeze doing one of the commercial skips.

If you delete the comskip files, do you still have the problem?

If you're seeing it happening reasonably often, you could try creating a c:\temp directory, and setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NPVR \LogDemux=1 (DWORD) in the registry, try reproducing it, then post the normal logs and c:\temp\demux.log.

Remember to later remove that registry setting though - it'll create large log files.
sub Wrote:It may seem random, but I'm sure you'll find there is actually a pattern to it, even if it's not completely obvious to you yet. Computers and software don't typically do "complete random". ie, it'll be something tripping up the application, like something in the stream (like certain place in the file), or some sequence of events (like when some times when you skip back) etc. You'll likely need to focus a little more clearly on what was happening at the time, so we can collect some more detailed info.

For example, that log you posted showed that you're using comskip, and it appeared to freeze doing one of the commercial skips.

If you delete the comskip files, do you still have the problem?

If you're seeing it happening reasonably often, you could try creating a c:\temp directory, and setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NPVR \LogDemux=1 (DWORD) in the registry, try reproducing it, then post the normal logs and c:\temp\demux.log.

Remember to later remove that registry setting though - it'll create large log files.

I bet that's it. I was having trouble with comskip before I updated and stopped using it shortly before I updated to 4.1.1. It wasn't freezing in 3.9, but it was causing issues with some recordings. I'll dare say the ones that were freezing were the older recordings. I got rid of all the old comskip files, if it still does it i'll do the log thing.
dlindyds Wrote:I bet that's it. I was having trouble with comskip before I updated and stopped using it shortly before I updated to 4.1.1. It wasn't freezing in 3.9, but it was causing issues with some recordings. I'll dare say the ones that were freezing were the older recordings. I got rid of all the old comskip files, if it still does it i'll do the log thing.

I found that after deleting all the comskip files, that it would freeze at specific points in old recordings. It only froze with the legacy TSreader enabled and not with the new version. If you would like I can set it up for creating the large logs. Also, I know this is the wrong thread, But have you made any headway at reproducing the skip fwd and rev some of us have been having with tsreader4?