NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playback not starting and exception causing no EPG update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Thanks for this lovely program. I'm reporting two separate problems.

1. No playback of video, but then if you exit and ask for it to play again it works

NPVR.log shows this. At 8:34:57 I ask for it to be played. It does not play, I left it in a long time in this state from 35:00..37:59. I then hit escape, you can see lots of log output at this time.

I then replayed it at 38:59 and it works.

This happens a lot with my recordings. This was a HD recording.

I have the HD file - how can I get such a large file to you?

2. Ndigital host file problem. I noticed the EPG was not being updated. Looking at the file i'm seeing exceptions:

2018-07-07 12:01:35.642 [ERROR][149] Unexpected error building digital graph: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DShowHelper.ConnectPins(IGraphBuilder* pGB, IBaseFilter* pSourceFilter, Char* pinNameSource, IBaseFilter* pDestFilter)
at Native.DigitalRecorderBase.AttachFrontEnd(String deviceFilter, Int32 deviceInstance, String& message)
at Native.DigitalRecorderBase.BuildGraph(String deviceFilter, Int32 deviceInstance, Int32 commonInterface, Int32 commonInterfaceInstances, String& message)
at NShared.DigitalRecorder.StartStream(ChannelMapping channelMapping, String target, String& reason)

Once it got into this state it never recovered, day by day. It was happy on the first part of June 28th, then crashed at 12:07:43 first time. Then onwards, june 29 etc, constant crashing.

I've no idea if you could do this.. But a warning in NPVR EPG screen when the EPG update is on and no fresh data has been received for say X days would be useful.

Cheers
Rob
robbyp Wrote:1. No playback of video, but then if you exit and ask for it to play again it works

NPVR.log shows this. At 8:34:57 I ask for it to be played. It does not play, I left it in a long time in this state from 35:00..37:59. I then hit escape, you can see lots of log output at this time.

I then replayed it at 38:59 and it works.
Is this somewhat repeatable? If so, there is some extra detailed logging that can be enabled to give me more info.

Was this Poldark file still recording when you tried watching it?

Quote:2. Ndigital host file problem. I noticed the EPG was not being updated. Looking at the file i'm seeing exceptions:

2018-07-07 12:01:35.642 [ERROR][149] Unexpected error building digital graph: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DShowHelper.ConnectPins(IGraphBuilder* pGB, IBaseFilter* pSourceFilter, Char* pinNameSource, IBaseFilter* pDestFilter)
at Native.DigitalRecorderBase.AttachFrontEnd(String deviceFilter, Int32 deviceInstance, String& message)
at Native.DigitalRecorderBase.BuildGraph(String deviceFilter, Int32 deviceInstance, Int32 commonInterface, Int32 commonInterfaceInstances, String& message)
at NShared.DigitalRecorder.StartStream(ChannelMapping channelMapping, String target, String& reason)

Once it got into this state it never recovered, day by day. It was happy on the first part of June 28th, then crashed at 12:07:43 first time. Then onwards, june 29 etc, constant crashing.
It actually looked like device has crashed. Did you have to reboot to get it working?
1. So, yes, its repeatable. I can just go down the list of programs, pick on, and i'll find one which won't play. Now it's not 100% repeatable with a single file.

2. Yes I rebooted the whole thing. Obv it could be the driver itself which has crashed. I put that in in case the exception gave you a good clue.

If you let me know what options you wish to enable i can repeat the test.

Many thanks

Rob