NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UpdateEPG.bat is not downloading DBA/ATSC data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason, I am unable to download DBA/ATSC data. Normally, When I run the UpdateEPG.bat, once it downloads the XMLTV data than it starts searching through all the DBA/ASTC channel frequencies. Now it seems to download the XLMTV data and end without searching DBA/ASTC channels. This started today for some reason. It was working fine up to now. In fact, about a week ago, I needed to clear the Scripts Cache and download the Zip2xml.exe program because it stopped updating. Once I ran the program it was working fine. In fact, I seemed to be getting what seems to be almost 24 hours of DBA/ASTC programming which I found very pleasing.

Today it stopped updating the DBA/ASTC data.

I have attached my Log files.
It tried to update the EPG, but device failed to start
Quote:2018-07-12 18:40:35.567 [DEBUG][67] Failed to start device: 0x8007001f
sub Wrote:It tried to update the EPG, but device failed to start

By device you are talking about one of my Hauppauge Tuners not working?

Under NPVR Status it shows both tuners working.
elstaci Wrote:By device you are talking about one of my Hauppauge Tuners not working?

Under NPVR Status it shows both tuners working.

Okay I went to NPVR Settings, under Device, I tried to Rescan the Channels. I received Error message "Unable to start Device". Yet, It is at the moment recording a program. Is this hardware or software type error
Went to Hauppauge Support website and found this message:

Are you getting error messages 'TV Tuner not available' or getting a message 'Unable to locate capture filter' after installing a Windows 10 update?
This is a known "feature" of the new release of Windows 10, related to video cameras but also affecting TV tuners and video recorders.

How to fix TV tuner and video recorder access problems after installing Windows Update

On the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, users are finding out that many apps no longer have access to cameras, TV tuners and video recorders. However, this is not a problem or a bug with this new release, it's actually a change that Microsoft is implementing with version 1803 to give users more control over their privacy.

If you suddenly have problems using WinTV or Hauppauge Capture, you need to follow these steps:

Open Settings -> Privacy -> Camera
Turn on the Allow apps to access your camera toggle switch.
Once you've completed the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable camera access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In case the feature isn't enabled, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

Questions or problems? Please contact Hauppauge support at: support@hauppauge.com
elstaci Wrote:By device you are talking about one of my Hauppauge Tuners not working?
The tuner is there, but wouldn't start when I asked it to. It's hard to know why - if that tuner was in use elsewhere at the time, then this could explain why it wasn't available for the EPG.
elstaci Wrote:Okay I went to NPVR Settings, under Device, I tried to Rescan the Channels. I received Error message "Unable to start Device". Yet, It is at the moment recording a program.
If the device is recording, then it's in-use, so unavailable for scanning or EPG updating etc.

Just to confuse matters a little, even though you've got a dual tuner device, the windows shows it as two separate devices. The EPG source is associated with one of those devices, so if that specific EPG source is in use, it wont automatically use the other one. Most people set their EPG scan to happen in the middle of the night when they're not typically recording.

If you want to scan on a specific device, that device would need to not be busy doing something else like recording.
Okay, Thanks to SUBS letting me know it was a Device Malfunction, I did the following:

1) On June 28 2018 I did an "Ingrade Repair" on my Windows installation due to huge amounts of DCOM errors concerning Permissions. Afterwards, NVPR was working fine until today.

2) Tried updating EPG though Command Prompt. Wouldn't update DBA/ASTC .

3) started Thread here at NVPR Forums where SUBS advised me of the "Device" Error.

4) Reinstalled NVPR installation again in case NVPR got corrupted

5) Followed Hauppauge Website about making sure under Windows Settings - Privacy - Camera was enabled

6) Went to Device Manager and saw that the Hauppauge Driver was from 2012 when it should have been 2016. Looks like when I reinstalled Windows 1803 on top of Windows 1803 it installed the older Hauppauge Driver.

7) Downloaded latest Hauppauge Driver (2016) and installed it and rebooted the computer to finalize the Driver install.

8) Went NVPR Settings - Device and rescanned both Tuners again. Found several other channels were added. Ran Update EPG and finally NVPR Menu was showing all the local DBA/ASTC listings again.

Don't know how long this is going to last. But hopefully, I believe I solved the problem.

Thanks again to SUBS for the help in finding out the problem.
FYI: It seems now DBA/ASTC is downloading 24 hours worth of Listings instead of 6 hours. I just updated my EPG and I have DBA/ASTC Listing up to July 14, 2018 - 8 PM.

Is anyone else getting more than 6 hours of DBA/ASTC listings in the USA?
I wasn't really say really saying the device was malfunctioning - just that at the time the EPG update tried to use it, the device didn't start. It could be because it malfunction, but it could have been other things, like the device was already in-use. If it was a malfunction, it might have just been a driver bug, and a simple reboot might have got it working again.

The Hauppauge Windows 10 April 2018 Update instructions are only really about analog tuners, so not relevant to your ATSC digital tuner.
Pages: 1 2