NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR recordings almost always seemingly fail between 3 AM and 4 AM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it would seem that 3 AM to 4 AM is still a no-man's-land for recordings, as recordings of anything that airs within that time slot almost always seem to fail. In this case, it was Adult Swim's Williams Stream, which according to the interface, has seemingly failed because the recording service wasn't running at the time. And yet, when I go to look at the files themselves, they seem to have recorded successfully in full, and can even be played with any video file player. The problem is that I can't play them in NextPVR itself and I can't play them or even see them in X-NEWA in Kodi running on either of my Amazon Fire TV boxes. I'm not sure whether this problem is related to the other issue with recording bifurcation, so I decided to start a separate thread for it.

Here are screenshots illustrating the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/NKfYdNj

Here is a backup of my NextPVR logs from around the time the problem happened:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRw7KIJ...sp=sharing
Having looked at your logs (and I'm happy to be corrected by others), it looks like the activities associated with the EPG update now continue way beyond 03:00. I don't think I've ever seen a system where the update effectively fills up 3 log files in one go.

In simple terms, I think the system can't cope with the load it's under and whilst it can record successfully, the database activities are overloaded and therefore you get miss-reporting of recording failures.

You also have Shedules Direct errors showing up in the logs.

2018-07-14 02:59:05.959 [ERROR][21] Unexpected error doing Schedules Direct login: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NShared.SchedulesDirectJSONEPGSource.DoPOSTRequest(String url, String token, String body)
2018-07-14 02:59:05.959 [ERROR][21] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NShared.SchedulesDirectJSONEPGSource.DoPOSTRequest(String url, String token, String body)
2018-07-14 02:59:05.959 [ERROR][21] {"code":403,"response":"Blank username."}
2018-07-14 02:59:05.959 [DEBUG][21] Using URL: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201
2018-07-14 02:59:06.111 [DEBUG][21]
{"response":"TOKEN_MISSING","code":1004,"serverID":"20141201.web.X","message":"Token required but not provided in request header.","datetime":"2018-07-14T07:58:53Z"}
2018-07-14 02:59:06.111 [ERROR][21] Failed to get token:
To me it basically looks the same as your other post. ie your EPG update is happening in between 3am and 4am. You need to find a time away from any recordings to do your EPG update.
It is the duration of the update process because of the size. You either need to free up 3 hours or shrink the number or recordings to reasonable number. You can still play files in NextPVR in the video library that are not recordings.

Martin.