NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Comskip problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the desktop I have had Nextpvr on for about two years lost the power supply for the second time, I decided to install Nextpvr on a different desktop. This one has win 10 on it. Well, after a couple of week of "fun" getting everything to work, my latest problem is when watching a recorded program and it gets to the spot where the commercial should be jumped past, it does so. But, I end up with a black screen and the sound still playing. This goes on for about 5 seconds and then the sound stops. I can get things working again by pressing the jump back(mine is set to 15 seconds)and the show continues. Any Ideas as to what is wrong?
Quote:2018-08-24 14:11:43.221 [DEBUG][1] - ATI MPEG Video Decoder
Maybe try a different video decoder to see if it helps. I've very rarely seen this video decoder used by anyone.
It was one that was working. Sort of.
I was using the Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder with the other computer and it worked most of the time.
When I try the Microsoft one I get a message stating "Mpeg2 support is disabled. I have to admit I do not know where/how to enable it.
RTKAT Wrote:When I try the Microsoft one I get a message stating "Mpeg2 support is disabled. I have to admit I do not know where/how to enable it.

Have you tried the LAV decoders? ... https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
Yes, I have the donator version of the LAV decoders and was having problems with sound. I had all the LAV audio decoders in place and it did not make any difference on what video decoder I used, the sound would not work. When I used that ATI Mpeg video, the sound finally started to work. I have no idea on why a video decoder would make the sound work, but that is what happened.????? (maybe the audio decoder finally decided to wake up?)
I now have mpeg2 video--LAV
H.264 video--ffdshow
And everything is now working as it should: video, sound, comskip skipping, all OK.