NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nexpvr colossus 2 epg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just got my new colossus 2 card, have the epg all setup. but nexpvr won't change the channels. i select HD-PVR IR Blaster but nothing happens it's like when i click ok it doesn't save the selection. is there anything i can do to get this working?

thanks.
Do you have the Hauppauge IR software setup for the correct set top box, and it's able to control your set top box? That needs to be working before anything will happen in NextPVR.

When might not be immediately obvious is that the blaster settings are stored with each channel when the created (so that you can have different channels with different blaster options). If you want to add blaster settings to existing channels, that were initially created without the blaster being specified, then set the blaster setting to the Hauppauge IR Blaster, select all the channels in the list below, then right click and select 'update to current'.
Thanks for the info. spent hours getting the blaster to work with wintv. also got it to work with nextpvr but it doesn't go to the proper channels lets say i want 595 it go's to 59. i noticed in blaster config that there's a delay option should i set that?
MaxOne72 Wrote:also got it to work with nextpvr but it doesn't go to the proper channels lets say i want 595 it go's to 59.
Ultimately, NextPVR isn't doing anything with the blaster itself. It's just passing the channel number to Hauppauge blaster software, and it takes care of the rest. So, in this particular case, NextPVR will be asking the Hauppauge IR software to change to channel "595". If it's occasionally getting it wrong, and getting channel 59, it sounds like the Hauppauge software isn't quite set right for your set top box.

Quote:i noticed in blaster config that there's a delay option should i set that?
Maybe - I have no way to know. You'll have to try it and see.