NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Deleting Channel Group in Client PC deletes from NPVR server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day I was setting up a client box and when I deleted a channel group from the client PC it also deleted it from NPVR server machine. Is this the way it is supposed to work? The server box will always maintain all the channels but I am setting up client machines in various parts of my house and I want specific programming available depending on who will be watching. So how I would I go about doing that if not from the client machine? Thanks in advance cheers!
snaitaz Wrote:G'day I was setting up a client box and when I deleted a channel group from the client PC it also deleted it from NPVR server machine. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Yes, that is the way it's supposed to work. There is only one list of channels and groups, and they live on the server. There is no such thing as client specific groups.
Okay thanks for that information. I guess I won't be ale to prep a client for kid viewing. I will figure something out. Thanks again. Cheers!
snaitaz Wrote:I am setting up client machines in various parts of my house and I want specific programming available depending on who will be watching.

The TV Listings plugin creates and stores its own channel groups .. I haven't tried but you might be able to create different groups on each machine using TV Listings.
G'day Graham...Thanks for the info. I was using TV Listings earlier in the week when I started out setting up NPVR but I decided not to use it until NPVR was setup and stable in my domain environment. Come to think of it I do recall reading some thing about what you are talking about. I will have another looksee and see if it will fit my need. Right now I am busy with development of channel icons for my setup because those that come from SD are really sad and dark IMO. I have about 100 done so far but still a bit to go.

I had posted a query in another post regarding the "MENU" button at the top of TV Guide. When you hover over it , it opens up choices for "group" and "keyword". In my setup there are many groups but I would like to either show up on the same line as the menu or pop up when you hover over "menu". That way I don't have to scroll through all the "groups". I was looking at the code in guide.xml and located where the TV Guide (element channels) is but I couldn't see where that property is. Might you know? Thanks in advance...Chees! mate.
snaitaz Wrote:I had posted a query in another post regarding the "MENU" button at the top of TV Guide. When you hover over it , it opens up choices for "group" and "keyword". In my setup there are many groups but I would like to either show up on the same line as the menu or pop up when you hover over "menu". That way I don't have to scroll through all the "groups". I was looking at the code in guide.xml and located where the TV Guide (element channels) is but I couldn't see where that property is. Might you know? Thanks in advance...Chees! mate.
There is any way you could do this currently.
G'day sub...Yes, I believe I seen an app that had something close to what I am saying but I will have to look at my logbook where I keep my notes. In NPVR depending on how many selections you make in the plugins tag (currently13) there is plenty of room to put that idea in the default startup/splash screen. If I find that app I will let you know. Thanks and Cheers mate.