NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Auto extend Sports problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to auto extend by selecting the option in NextPVR but as I saw in another thread, SD seems to no longer support that. So I am trying to use NextEnd instead. The information here seems pretty straight forward

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ty.NextEnd

But under "Usage" it mentions editing 3 .bat files. But I don't really understand this part at the beginning"
Quote:The following sports events are supported:

Schedules Direct and livePVRData

NFL Football, NHL Hockey, MLB Baseball, NBA Basketball
livePVRData only

NCAA College Football, CFL Football,
Formula One, NASCAR Racing - Monster Energy, Xfinity and Camping World Truck plus IndyCar coming
English Premier League Soccer, UEFA Champions League Soccer many others can be enabled on request

I have SD working, but I don't understand livPVRData and what I need to do to get it working so I could record NCAA Football and Formula One. Thanks.
I love everything about this thread.
Sorry, I had the message posted then I clicked the edit button to make a change and saved it. Then it was blank. I didn't know if the edit had to be approved or if there was some other issue.

The internal "Auto Extend Sports if Required" doesn't seem to work and another post I found makes it out likely won't ever work. I do have Schedules Direct. I emailed them and this was their response:

Quote:It's probably not a not a SD bug to fix.

SD does (or at least did) have a service where an application could query "is this game still going". Does NextPVR use that feature? It would be initiated by NextPVR, not SD. The SD guide data is not updated to reflect the change, just that extra API call is available.

If NextPVR does make use of it, I suggest confirming with the NextPVR folks and if it is a bug on our side posting in our forum. RobertK (another Robert) deals with that feature and would see it there.

So I decided to try NextEND. It seems to be working for NFL games. I followed the directions here: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ty.NextEnd but I do not understand how to get livePVRData to work with Schedules Direct so that I can have this feature work for NCAA Football and Formula One.
I keep writing a post and for some reason it gets deleted.
Maybe post your question here again. However since Schedules Direct based extending is broken at the source you probably need to use NextEnd.

Martin
for some reason the original post and OP's first reply were auto-moderated, I've no idea why. I dusted off my mod powers and approved them
Thanks johnsonx42

Support for NextEnd should be in the Add-ons folder so this thread should now be moved. It is possible that things have changed for F1 and College football should be working but I will do a quick test for some events this weekend.

Martin