NextPVR Forums

Full Version: xmltv and EPG channel icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done some digging around and I can't quite find an answer on this; Is NextPVR supposed to be capable of downloading channel icons for the guide through the xmltv file? I see that the XML file generated has the icons listed in the xml like this:
Code:
<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/21634/s32356_h3_aa.png" />
But when the guide is viewed there aren't any icons shown and looking at the log I can't see where it's trying to download them. I do however see where it parses what it expects to find for channel icons in the 'media\channels' folder.

I can just rename the files and place them in the media folder, but I figured if there were an automated method of keeping them up to date via the xmltv file I'd rather go that route.

Bonus question, NextPVR isn't open source is it? Was just curious as I figured I'd go take a peek at the source to see if the icon XML tags were handled at all, but I couldn't find a repo for it in my short search.
HaTaX Wrote:I've done some digging around and I can't quite find an answer on this; Is NextPVR supposed to be capable of downloading channel icons for the guide through the xmltv file? I see that the XML file generated has the icons listed in the xml like this:
Code:
But when the guide is viewed there aren't any icons shown and looking at the log I can't see where it's trying to download them. I do however see where it parses what it expects to find for channel icons in the 'media\channels' folder.
In the past it could, but I just checked now, and for some reason the xmltv channel icon downloading functionality is disabled. I can't remember when or why this was disabled. I'll try to reenable it in the next release.

Quote:Bonus question, NextPVR isn't open source is it? Was just curious as I figured I'd go take a peek at the source to see if the icon XML tags were handled at all, but I couldn't find a repo for it in my short search.
No, it's not open source. I use much of the source code from NextPVR in my own commercial projects and consulting work, and need to be able to make money off it. NextPVR is the bonus side project that users get to use for free.
Well thank in advance for re-enabling it, I'll give it another shot when the next release lands and just deal with text only for now.

Being a developer myself I completely understand using the code for other projects, I keep some of my projects open and others never see light outside their development server. Thank you again for offering up this great program for everyone to use! FWIW I'll be picking up the Android app as well to feed a TV, hopefully some of that $ makes it your way from that.

I'm just getting started with NextPVR as I downloaded it a few days ago, but your support here is great. Looking forward to getting familiar with it and the next release!
(2018-09-10, 09:08 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
HaTaX Wrote:I've done some digging around and I can't quite find an answer on this; Is NextPVR supposed to be capable of downloading channel icons for the guide through the xmltv file?  I see that the XML file generated has the icons listed in the xml like this:
Code:
In the past it could, but I just checked now, and for some reason the xmltv channel icon downloading functionality is disabled. I can't remember when or why this was disabled. I'll try to reenable it in the next release.

I know this is from some time ago, but I think the issue is still outstanding, I think NextPVR is still unable to download the channel logos from xmltv file, can you please fix it? Thanks!
Sorry, but I'm using latest V5, so I guess I should have posted this under v5 support.
(2020-10-28, 02:27 AM)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-10, 09:08 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
HaTaX Wrote:I've done some digging around and I can't quite find an answer on this; Is NextPVR supposed to be capable of downloading channel icons for the guide through the xmltv file?  I see that the XML file generated has the icons listed in the xml like this:
Code:

I know this is from some time ago, but I think the issue is still outstanding, I think NextPVR is still unable to download the channel logos from xmltv file, can you please fix it? Thanks!
I just checked here, in v5, and it did download the icons. You might have to supply a sample xmltv file so I can check yours.