NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Closed Captions Problem in TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since the last couple of updates there has been a problem with the display of Closed Captions for Live TV and Recorded TV.

When a longish sentence is being spoken the caption (Subtitle) just flashes on the screen and is impossible to read.
When another character on the screen speaks straight after the first character, the text is a blue colour and is all pixillated. Also impossible to read.

I have tried all the options in Settings/ Decoders, to no avail.
I'm running the latest version of Next PVR and Windows 10, and have not installed any decoders other that the LAV filters that are installed by Next PVR. No other hardware has changed.

This has been happening for some time, but used to work perfectly.
The same Live TV and Recorded TV programs play in Emby Server perfectly, so it's not a biggie for me, but I just like thinks to work properly.

Thanking you in advance for any help.
DVB-T or DVB-S?

Was it a specific channel you noticed it on?
I'm in New Zealand Sub, so it's happening on all channels that provide Closed Captions. i.e. - TV1, TV2, TV3, Prime.
DVB-T or DVB-S?

One uses DVB subtitles, other uses Teletext subtitles, which are entirely different. (Closed Captions are different, and only used in North America)

What channel have you definitely noticed the issue on? There are subtle differences in the subtitle encoding in TVNZ channels vs mediaworks vs Sky (Prime). It may feel like it's all channels, but I think we'd be better off getting concrete details.
Oops, sorry for my confusion over terminology, I thought our TV subtitles in NZ were closed captions. My bad.

Just checked:
TV 1 - Shows fault
TV 2 - Shows fault
Duke - Shows fault
TV 3 - Working OK
Prime - Working OK

I should have been more thorough in my initial testing.
So it's only the TVNZ channels faulting.
I only have 9 channels enabled.

Hope this helps.
DVB-T, or DVB-S? ie are receiving these signals from a satellite tuner (teletext subtitles), or from an antenna (dvb subtitles)?
Sorry Sub, Antenna - DVB-T subs
Yep, I'm seeing this issue on TVNZ with DVB-T. I'll check why it's happening.
I'm down in Wellitown at the moment so no hurry ��
Can you let me know if this helps?
Pages: 1 2 3