NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How do I re-import DB3 file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
G'day...I looked through the forum and other places to find my answer but no joy. I was able to import my recordings and the recurring data but I cannot find a way to import the old DB3 file which would contain my channels settings and everything else. Any help? Cheers!
snaitaz Wrote:... I cannot find a way to import the old DB3 file which would contain my channels settings and everything else.

NextPVR Settings --> Devices has buttons for Export Channels and Import Channels ... I can't remember if NextPVR automatically exports channels but I suspect not ... to do an import you would probably have to have previously done an export.

The only other method of importing is to replace one npvr.db file with another that you created earlier (perhaps using sticky-back plastic) ... Stop NextPVR front-end and NextPVR Recording Service before replacing database and reboot after.
G'day...Thanks for the response Graham but the replacing one db3 file for another did not work. Since I only had a few (62) channels to begin with I just went ahead and re-scanned them in. However, your suggestion of exporting channels gave me an idea to follow through with. So after i settle in with my channels, I will export them in case this happens again. I am still not able to figure how to have NPVR recognize a new db3 file and import it in.

On a related channel issue, I was not able to import my IPTV channel list nor the EPG from my provider (Vaders). Using a browser however gives me no issues as I can access their site with ease. I can also download the channel list however, trying to import channels using NPVR gives me the following error. I ahve attached the logs as well. Thanks in advance.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
If you were rebuilding a machine, or something similar, usually you'd just replace the default npvr.db3 with the one from your old machine.

That "failed to download channel list" error sounds like Vaders was down at the time. Try again later.
Ya thanks sub for the info but like I said I replaced the old db3 with a new db3 i had saved a couple of days ago and NPVR did not pull it in. No matter as it was just a few channels. I did have backups for the recordings and recurring recordings so that was fine. As for Vaders being down a that time that is what I thought too until I logged into their site with no problem and was able to grab the file just using a browser so I have no idea what is going on. On another thread here a person advised how to pull in those files from the local drive and machine. Seems like that is working so far.
snaitaz Wrote:As for Vaders being down a that time that is what I thought too until I logged into their site with no problem and was able to grab the file just using a browser so I have no idea what is going on.
My guess is you left a few characters off the URL or something similar then, and the vaders website didn't like the request. If that URL is still not working for you, I'm happy to take a closer look - PM me the URL and I'll check it.
PM sent with 2 versions of the URL. Both do work outside of NPVR.
Can you also PM me the EPG url? I've worked out why your m3u url wasn't working. I'll check the EPG before I post a patch for you.
Here is the EPG link sub...

http://vaders.tv/p2.xml.gz
http://vaders.tv/p2.xml

Again there are 2 of them however both resulted in the same results. The first one was the original (which still works) and then Vader changed it a few months ago to the second one. Both yield the p2.xml file which was too large to upload. Thanks and cheers!
Try this patch.
Pages: 1 2