NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trans2MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just started using my MVP with the GB-PVR stuff - I mainly use it to watch transcoded AVIs (previously by hacking around with the vdr-mediamvp plugin), so the quality of this is important to me [:-)].

* I find some of my AVIs just fail to transcode with an 'unsupported format' in the log - but they do play in media player. I know there is some issue in the hauppauge implementation if the file has AC3 audio - is it the same deal here?

* Is the MVP getting switched to the correct video mode (NTSC or PAL) dependent on the framerate, or is the transcoding doing framerate conversion too? This could explain why most of the files that will play loose audio sync after any misencodings from the input stream.

* Some video plays at the top of the screen with a black bar at the bottom. I'm assuming this is because the input AVI has an odd (non-MP2 spec) number of lines. When I used mencoder to transcode, I just told it to make the output the full framesize, but to shift the video to the centre of the screen - is this possible in Trans2MVP (which is I assume the process that does the transcoding) ?

* Is there any way of hooking in an 'alternate' video transcoding engine? My experience is that mencoder is way better than the windows media stuff at getting these translations 'right', and require consideralby less messing around with graph files...