NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Upgrading NPVR Major Revisions - Fresh Install vs Installation Over Existing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

Just thought I'd share my experience of finally upgrading from V 3.9.5 to V 4.2.2, after over several months of having a go, on and off when I had some time (which wasn't much).

After backing up NPVR in program files (x86) and under the Public Users folders I would try to install the new version over the top of the old, but playback had issues.

Mostly when I skipped forward or back, the audio was out of sync with the video, then after say 10 seconds, the video slowed so that the audio caught up.
Selecting any number of decoder combinations and checking and un-checking the use the legacy reader checkbox made no difference to the performance.
I had seen posts of this same sync problem in the past, but I could not resolve it.

So this weekend I thought, maybe this is more related to Windows than NPVR?

So I stopped the recording service, renamed my NPVR folders and did a fresh install, scanned channels, set my decoders, copied my scripts and npvr.db3 files into the new installation, and now all works well on the playback and skipping front.

Anyone had similar experiences?
vintdiesel Wrote:Hello All,

Just thought I'd share my experience of finally upgrading from V 3.9.5 to V 4.2.2, after over several months of having a go, on and off when I had some time (which wasn't much).

After backing up NPVR in program files (x86) and under the Public Users folders I would try to install the new version over the top of the old, but playback had issues.

Mostly when I skipped forward or back, the audio was out of sync with the video, then after say 10 seconds, the video slowed so that the audio caught up.
Selecting any number of decoder combinations and checking and un-checking the use the legacy reader checkbox made no difference to the performance.
I had seen posts of this same sync problem in the past, but I could not resolve it.

So this weekend I thought, maybe this is more related to Windows than NPVR?

So I stopped the recording service, renamed my NPVR folders and did a fresh install, scanned channels, set my decoders, copied my scripts and npvr.db3 files into the new installation, and now all works well on the playback and skipping front.

Anyone had similar experiences?

I have the same sync problems with win10 x64 and NPVR 4.22. I'll try reloading and see if this cures it. Thanks